Dobbuns Bent-It comes two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here, but....   I actually enjoy all HS bands.   They are kids out there giving it their best, they have practiced for untold hours and are (hopefully) having fun.     The band kids really appreciate when somebody besides their parents say you enjoyed it, so I try to let them all know from time to time.             That being said, there is nobody around that I have seen that can hold a candle to DB's band.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

The quarterfinal game between these two teams last year was a classic but DB was loaded with like 30 seniors or something crazy like that. One of the better Maryville games I had seen in that round of the playoffs in some time. DB is a bit down this year and I expect Maryville by 28.

I get the games mixed up, but it may have been that game the coach got fired up and started yelling into the bleachers at the end. Love it when that happens! Not

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It was on reruns in the Tri-Cities for years. I used to love going to my mamaw and papaw's just to watch different reruns from what we had on Knoxville TV.

My story is similar of going to my grandparents dairy farm in Greene county as a small boy but watched it live with my older uncles who were in their teens . Now I can't remember what time or day we watched it ,but had to be after we came back from the milk barn. Yes,even at four years old I would go and do little things like feed grain to the cows before I could actually help milk or the harder farm  jobs.About the only reruns I remember at that age was the three stooges in the morning and bugs bunny on Saturday. For sure in the seventies I watched a lot of wild wild west ,Batman,and other reruns .Today it's unlimited with so many options,I found a late 50s western called Yancy Derringer on YouTube.Only one season but something different then gunsmoke and bonanza to rewatch.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here, but....   I actually enjoy all HS bands.   They are kids out there giving it their best, they have practiced for untold hours and are (hopefully) having fun.     The band kids really appreciate when somebody besides their parents say you enjoyed it, so I try to let them all know from time to time.             That being said, there is nobody around that I have seen that can hold a candle to DB's band.

I can appreciate the DB band a hundred times more without a son playing football.I use to get so mad when the team  gave up the field and practice on  grass and rocks so the band could get reps in the stadium . I was 99.99999% football and  well no ,100 % football and could care less about the band back then.Yes they are special and fun to watch , especially if your football team is playing Maryville 

51 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

That was the game.  You are correct. 

Lol. I remember walking out of the bleachers and turning around and thinking is that guy yelling at me? I’ve heard the visitor side is sometimes tough on visiting  coaches as the parents are much closer and able to get their attention easier. It happens everywhere that people actually care. It’s just not ever pretty.

What numbers are the studs from DB?

The best away game story I've heard was from a Greeneville player who played at Unicoi county in the fifties.Greenevilles coach who was a man,knocked out a fan that was yelling some bad things.A huge fight broke out and the players made a circle around the coach and someone through him a knife .Pretty rough ending that night. Oh,that was the other toughest place I ever played a game at in the seventies.I guess it took a while for the bad blood to go away .It didn't matter if it was a 9th grade football or baseball team or varsity football or baseball,they hated us at any level.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

The best away game story I've heard was from a Greeneville player who played at Unicoi county in the fifties.Greenevilles coach who was a man,knocked out a fan that was yelling some bad things.A huge fight broke out and the players made a circle around the coach and someone through him a knife .Pretty rough ending that night. Oh,that was the other toughest place I ever played a game at in the seventies.I guess it took a while for the bad blood to go away .It didn't matter if it was a 9th grade football or baseball team or varsity football or baseball,they hated us at any level.

Yep, it’s hard to beat that story! LOL

24 minutes ago, strongx said:

Yep, it’s hard to beat that story! LOL

One of my buddies that played for Alcoa in the late seventies told me they played Hampton there and one of their coaches went on the opposite side of the field to climb a pole along the fence line that was for the visiting coaches to watch from was met by a Hampton fan with a drawn knife and told him to get back over on his side.

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

One of my buddies that played for Alcoa in the late seventies told me they played Hampton there and one of their coaches went on the opposite side of the field to climb a pole along the fence line that was for the visiting coaches to watch from was met by a Hampton fan with a drawn knife and told him to get back over on his side.

Heck, I’ve been watching the games and missing the excitement! I’ve seen a lot but the knives being drawn probably crosses a line!!

Whenever you leave a youth event talking about something an adult did instead of the kids, well…something has gone wrong.