Dobbuns Bent-It comes two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Maryville was ahead 35-14 late in the 3rd quarter and took their foot off the gas, substituting liberally on both sides of the ball. Kudos to DB for scoring against the Maryville reserves in the 4th quarter.  :thumb:

Somebody told me they don't think DB will score at all unless it is a junk TD late in the game.    Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Maryville was ahead 35-14 late in the 3rd quarter and took their foot off the gas, substituting liberally on both sides of the ball. Kudos to DB for scoring against the Maryville reserves in the 4th quarter.  :thumb:

You live in your own little fantasy world don't you. Where's the other half of your Dumb & Dumber combo? You two dweebs would live better if you could find you a team to pull "for" instead of one to pull "against".

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Somebody told me they don't think DB will score at all unless it is a junk TD late in the game.    Any thoughts on that?

DB only got a field goal against Science Hill.  What do you think?  I guess everybody has figured out the scripted sequence of their play calling. 

38 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You live in your own little fantasy world don't you. Where's the other half of your Dumb & Dumber combo? You two dweebs would live better if you could find you a team to pull "for" instead of one to pull "against".

Apparently the English department at DB is as incompetent as their football team. I'll let you figure out the grammatical errors of your post, though that may be a challenge for you.  There are many teams I pull for - such as any team playing DB. :grin:

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:13 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The whole area got weak is one of the problems. When all these small schools consolidated most weren't worth a crap as small schools and your playing them week end and week out. A lot of this consolidation came about in the late 60's and spread everywhere in upper East Tennessee. DB got infected by playing down to worthless teams in the area and still has. The band issue has also changed things as years went on also. Imagine a school that has a popular rock act preforming at all their halftimes, you know why the crowd is there for. I set on the top row about the 47 yard line at Maryville games and every home game a flood of mothers come up there to record their kids playing in the band from visiting teams which is great but you never see anyone come up to record their son playing football. Politics has also infected DB which is no secret. From a visitor point of view going there the stadium sucks on the visitor side and some of the rules they have make you feel as if you were going to be searched and inspected for a possible hole in your underware and made to leave if you did.

Agree and disagree. Yes, D-B has played a ton of weak opponents over the years, but most of them have been teams they were required to play. They've always tried to schedule good teams in their out of conference games. The games against teams like Central/East/Volunteer, etc. have hampered them with the lack of competition, but OTOH, have provided tons of playing time for younger players to develop. IMO, the thing that has hampered D-B more than anything has been the lack of highly organized, tightly monitored youth league programs that the high school coaching staff is heavily involved in. Those leagues should focus on fundamentals like blocking/tackling/rules of the game and have everyone running the same basic offensive and defensive packages of the high school program. 

As for tonight...

Murville 49

Tribe 14

Roll Tribe anyway

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Apparently the English department at DB is as incompetent as their football team. I'll let you figure out the grammatical errors of your post, though that may be a challenge for you.  There are many teams I pull for - such as any team playing DB. :grin:

Well nobody is going to take seriously a person that uses a #### for a avatar. I'll let you figure that one out. 

5 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Yep, that's what a coach says and you have to try and build on anything you can.I can remember that feeling all week when my son was practicing to play against Maryville in the first round 2009.He walked off the practice field that Thursday with a friend and future D1 star lineman who is  tonight's offensive line coach.   I just thought,this ride is coming to an end and that's the last time I'll ever see him practice in highschool.I wrote things like Coach Christian that week because that's what you do.DB was 5-5 that year and two of their other best offensive lineman were either hurt or out as was their starting running back ( offensive bread and butter ,Chris Sensabaugh ) ,for the game. DB forces a three and out to start that game,I think my son made two of those first three tackles.Maryville has a bad snap and DB is going to be first and goal inside the 10.Except the Maryville punter picks the ball up and runs for about twenty yards against the return team .41-0 final. Those Indians were not afraid either and didn't have a snowballs chance in hail of winning.Tonight's DB team has a better chance but will have to play perfect football and get some gifts.Either way, you go in and do your best and when it's over,shake hands and say good game.

• Like 1