Dobbuns Bent-It comes two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

45 minutes ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

Same crew that worked the Murvul/Hardin Valley game. 

Turned a 1.5 hour game into a marathon. 

With the small crowd, maybe the refs thought people came to see them officiate.

Congrats to the Indians who couldn’t quite harness all the momentum. Good luck to murvil the rest of the way.

Granted, I didn't see this game.  But what I heard on the "radidio" sounded more like Maryville came out flat, as one of their own posters said, than that DB came out hot.  The team that played Science Hill last week does not have it in them to stick 2 TDs on Maryville in the 1st quarter without Maryville helping out a lot.  Maybe next year they could end the game without being embarrassed.  But that was not the kids fault.  They tried hard.

Going forward after game 2, Maryville can't afford to come out flat like that.  Your teams of yore rarely did.  So Maryville, learn the lesson and go forward and bring another win to East Tennessee.  Good luck against you know who!

20 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Agree and disagree. Yes, D-B has played a ton of weak opponents over the years, but most of them have been teams they were required to play. They've always tried to schedule good teams in their out of conference games. The games against teams like Central/East/Volunteer, etc. have hampered them with the lack of competition, but OTOH, have provided tons of playing time for younger players to develop. IMO, the thing that has hampered D-B more than anything has been the lack of highly organized, tightly monitored youth league programs that the high school coaching staff is heavily involved in. Those leagues should focus on fundamentals like blocking/tackling/rules of the game and have everyone running the same basic offensive and defensive packages of the high school program. 

As for tonight...

Murville 49

Tribe 14

Roll Tribe anyway

Quit trying to make excuses.  DB played:

Central 5 games

Volunteer 5 games

East 0

Since 2001 (20 years) these are the only times DB played them.  Good try.  DB is a big school with no success.  We'll tell Maryville next Friday DB says hey.

44 minutes ago, Wolves2022 said:

Central 5 games

Volunteer 5 games

East 0

Since 2001 (20 years) these are the only times DB played them.  Good try.  DB is a big school with no success.  We'll tell Maryville next Friday DB says hey.

I guess you did a lot of work looking that up but it was a waste of your time. He didn't say Central, Volunteer and East. He said teams "like" Central, Volunteer and East, ect.  "DB is a big school with no success" That's just idiotic. 

I wouldn't be talking smack about a team you've yet to beat. I think every single DB fan on here has congratulated WR on their playoff win last night and then you get on here and run your mouth. 

1 hour ago, Wolves2022 said:

Central 5 games

Volunteer 5 games

East 0

Waco has already pointed it out, but your reading comprehension stinks. I was also going back more than 20 years, which I'm guessing is before you were born. 

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Waco has already pointed it out, but your reading comprehension stinks. I was also going back more than 20 years, which I'm guessing is before you were born. 

No, you post implied that these were the teams that DB played and has contributed to their lack of success of DB.  Who else in the area did they play besides these that has hampered them.  How far do you want to go back 30, 40, 50?  Maybe the days when the Sports Writers picked the state champion, instead of playing it on the field.  Don't blame other school for their lack of success.  

Edited by Wolves2022

Congratulations Maryville, I was back and forth between games after I got home . As I wrote,DB would have to play perfect And get some help in what would probably be a Four touchdown betting margin going in . The help came early but the perfect never occurred. Penalties, turnovers and things such as that can get the favored team beat against an underdog . The problem for DB in this one was they just didn't have the team to take full advantage of the gifts that rarely are given by Maryville.Still as in my Devils game,enough to make the home crowd very nervous early on. Congratulations to the Tribe on what was supposed to be a reloading year and best of luck to those seniors going forward.

2 hours ago, Wolves2022 said:

No, you post implied that these were the teams that DB played and has contributed to their lack of success of DB.  Who else in the area did they play besides these that has hampered them.  How far do you want to go back 30, 40, 50?  Maybe the days when the Sports Writers picked the state champion, instead of playing it on the field.  Don't blame other school for their lack of success.  

Again, your reading comprehension is terrible. I told another poster that I agreed AND disagreed that lack of competition in NE TENN hurts because...well, lack of competition hurts everyone no matter who you are, but also helped from a standpoint of D-B getting tons of playing time for the younger players. It's far from the biggest problem that D-B faces in advancing further in the playoffs, but that's been discussed here ad nauseum.