Rd. (1) East Robertson @ Meigs County

Yeti

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Nice one Yeti. I felt Huckaby did a good job covering him. He is a great receiver and had some of the best hands I have seen.  Huckaby made some big catches on third down also to keep them drives alive.

I thought the pass play to Ben Smith where Carroll started left and spun back right to hit Ben then of course Ben did the rest putting his offensive skillset on view for all to see for the TD was best play of the game.

Those type of plays are what is going to win us games against theses tougher opponents. I saw a lot of the same old stuff for awhile but then there there was that and I was like great play call. It had everyone fooled. Easy pass, easy catch , easy 10 to 15 yard gain. That move Ben put on the defender to break away for the score was next level. His offensive game is improving every week.

What I did see that I liked was that they must have took some of my advice. There is no need to run Carroll that much late in the game or beat teams 52 to 0. It was great to see Justin Key a senior get about ten carries and a TD and of course everyone's favorite player and America's heartthrob himself the one and only reincarnation of Chuck Norris himself Ben Smith get about 15 carries.

These two backs pound the ball and you know it when you tackle them. They deliver the hit when they run the ball.

It was great getting to see a lot of those kids play that we have not seen the last two games against Marion and Tyner. 

Good job coaching staff.

Now let's try throwing it maybe just one time this year on 1st down or at least 2nd down and a half a yard.

I get tired of us running over teams on 2nd down and half a yard or yard for a gain of seven or 8 yards.

Maybe play action once in awhile.

Come on all you haters. Let's here. Let me have it. I got no right to question what they are doing over there. 

Great job tonight Meigs

Edited by Tiger2

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Nice one Yeti. I felt Huckaby did a good job covering him. He is a great receiver and had some of the best hands I have seen.  Huckaby made some big catches on third down also to keep them drives alive.

I thought the pass play to Ben Smith where Carroll started left and spun back right to hit Ben then of course Ben did the rest putting his offensive skillset on view for all to see for the TD was best play of the game.

Those type of plays are what is going to win us games against theses tougher opponents. I saw a lot of the same old stuff for awhile but then there there was that and I was like great play call. It had everyone fooled. Easy pass, easy catch , easy 10 to 15 yard gain. That move Ben put on the defender to break away for the score was next level. His offensive game is improving every week.

What I did see that I liked was that they must have took some of my advice. There is no need to run Carroll that much late in the game or beat teams 52 to 0. It was great to see Justin Key a senior get about ten carries and a TD and of course everyone's favorite player and America's heartthrob himself the one and only reincarnation of Chuck Norris himself Ben Smith get about 15 carries.

These two backs pound the ball and you know it when you tackle them. They deliver the hit when they run the ball.

It was great getting to see a lot of those kids play that we have not seen the last two games against Marion and Tyner. 

Good job coaching staff.

Now let's try throwing it maybe just one time this year on 1st down or at least 2nd down and a half a yard.

I get tired of us running over teams on 2nd down and half a yard or yard for a gain of seven or 8 yards.

Maybe play action once in awhile.

Come on all you haters. Let's here. Let me have it. I got no right to question what they are doing over there. 

Great job tonight Meigs

You say he was a great receiver, but did he really have any receiving stats until the 4th quarter when we put in "All" of our young guys? No doubt he is a good athlete but except the good run where he set up the score he was really a non factor in the game. I do think it was distasteful to leave him in the whole game if he was a senior to play nearly the whole 4th quarter against our JV. The pass from Carroll to Smith was phenomenal. It was one of Carrolls best passes this year. Nearly impossible to defend. I stated in an earlier post we are vanilla until we play a team that's a threat and last night was no different with the exception of Carroll quick turnaround pass. Spreading the ball out like we did is what makes us hard to defend. It's great that all of our rbs have good hands to boot $$. I was hoping we would 1 v 1 the Groves kid with Huckabey and that's pretty much what we did. Athlete for Athlete they were pretty much even. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

You say he was a great receiver, but did he really have any receiving stats until the 4th quarter when we put in "All" of our young guys? No doubt he is a good athlete but except the good run where he set up the score he was really a non factor in the game. I do think it was distasteful to leave him in the whole game if he was a senior to play nearly the whole 4th quarter against our JV. The pass from Carroll to Smith was phenomenal. It was one of Carrolls best passes this year. Nearly impossible to defend. I stated in an earlier post we are vanilla until we play a team that's a threat and last night was no different with the exception of Carroll quick turnaround pass. Spreading the ball out like we did is what makes us hard to defend. It's great that all of our rbs have good hands to boot $$. I was hoping we would 1 v 1 the Groves kid with Huckabey and that's pretty much what we did. Athlete for Athlete they were pretty much even. 

I agree with you. Huckaby was as good. I really like they let Huckaby play him man to man. He did have Huckaby beat  a couple times but the QB overthrew him.

Everyone all week was saying to double team  him. 

It's going to be exciting next week 

Edited by Tiger2

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree with you. Huckaby was as good. I really like they let Huckaby play him man to man. He did have Huckaby beat  a couple times but the QB overthrew him.

Groves had 85 yards receiving and 21 yards rushing with a TD against the 1’s. He ended up with 117 total yards in the game. On defense yall practically ran away from him the whole game. The 2 times y’all ran at him he stripped carrol and the other one he stripped and recovered the fumble. Huckabey had a pass interference call on groves too. The interception he got on groves was on a 4th and 12 play so it was as good as a punt. #15 is a remarkable athlete but he is no where near the force groves is. Goodluck to yall the rest of the season and bring a gold ball back to Decatur!!

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I thought Hucklaby did a great job. I was really impressed when Groves had the big play and Hucklaby ran him down. I also thought Keyes had a good game with some good runs, taking some pressure off Carroll and Smith.       What’s really funny is, I thought we might double Groves but It was the other way around, they had the safety shading to Hucklaby’s side almost every time.

6 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

Groves had 85 yards receiving and 21 yards rushing with a TD against the 1’s. He ended up with 117 total yards in the game. On defense yall practically ran away from him the whole game. The 2 times y’all ran at him he stripped carrol and the other one he stripped and recovered the fumble. Huckabey had a pass interference call on groves too. The interception he got on groves was on a 4th and 12 play so it was as good as a punt. #15 is a remarkable athlete but he is no where near the force groves is. Goodluck to yall the rest of the season and bring a gold ball back to Decatur!!

I think Groves is a great player and he should go on to do good thing at the next level. But I will say this. Out of the 85 yards passing 70 of them came off the screen pass, so I would say that Hucklaby did a pretty good job against a D1 prospect. 

5 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I think Groves is a great player and he should go on to do good thing at the next level. But I will say this. Out of the 85 yards passing 70 of them came off the screen pass, so I would say that Hucklaby did a pretty good job against a D1 prospect. 

Huckabey will be a good college football player at a Lindsey Wilson or somewhere like that. Groves is going to Ole Miss for defense though. He also has a big punt return last night too. Is huckabey going to college as Offense/Defense or Punter? He was a REALLY GOOD punter when they needed him to punt

1 hour ago, Mottomotto said:

I don't see the game the way you did I guess but I appreciate the kind words friend. 

1 hour ago, Mottomotto said:

Decatur has some class act people. Congratulations on the win and I’m rooting for y’all to get 4 more

Thanks again man, it looks like you will have some more Groves to take the reigns in the next few years. Hope they turn out as good as #3 did.

7 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

Appreciate it. Was fun watching him play. Like I mentioned. He had Huckaby beat on a couple occasions. I thought he ran some nice routes as well  and had great hands. A lot of times also our D-Line and Linebackers were either all over the QB or putting enough pressure on him to mess up the timing.

This Meigs team just has a lot of athletes and talent. These kids have been playing together since they were in diapers with a goal of bringing home Meigs first state Title. 

It's going to be a tough road to get there but I believe they are ready.