TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

40 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Its more like 5-7 years away, but there is a ton of talent down there, MS team has 2-3 players but the rest is rough, we have a kid from Utah that will be a pretty good player from the MS team, but the youth league is littered with 2nd gen players and have loads of potential, RTD is right though they are talented at Football, Basketball, and Baseball 

Talented peewee players doesn't always translate into talented high school players.  I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

Edited by biggest
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Same thing I have said also.  It was Marion's worst game, meigs had a hand in that, but they didn't have a hand in dropped balls, 80 yards in penalties and other things that happened.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.  Marion did get across the 50 more than once though, but not many, thanks to the all powerful, all time east favorite meigs.   Does that make you feel better?  Did some Meigs posters say the Meigs game was yalls worst, which it was?  I never said mc would have won with tae, they probably wouldn't given the way they played but I know it would have been a lot closer.  No way in heck this game is easily 34-0 though, that is an ignorant statement but if you want people to think that then if we get a chance to play again please tell Fitz to make it that way.  After the long punt return the defense stiffened and almost got another stop on 4th and 8 when the best player ever in the entire state dove and caught a pass and scored, that works both ways I guess.  

Your really good at mixing words. I said it just as easily could have been 34 to 0 as a tie ball game if Meigs pushes that first score in from the one yard line in first quarter when you all stopped us and added another late score because we settled for running clock and punting pretty much entire 4th quarter. 

I also said you guys score first if that receiver don't drop that ball and it's a different ballgame. I do believe Marion takes the lead we were in trouble. 

Also Marion first possession they hit us with three or four big runs for about 15 yards each for first downs before Taye broke away and went down with injury. That would have been two scores for Marion right there.

It would been a great ballgame and I hope we get another chance to play and he is healthy. 

I'm to old to get my feelings hurt. I just been listening for three days about people talk about how Marion County made so many mistakes, and penalties, and worst game.

I played several sports in my days. 

From my experience when teams have bad games, penalties, mistakes, there is a reason and it is usually the other team.

Edited by Tiger2

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

It fluctuates so it’s hard to tell we will likely be on the cut line again one way or the other 

Is Tssaa reclassifying every two years now? If so TC could possibly go back to 1A in the short term but long term i think they are 2A with the growth in the county based on 2020 census data. The growth has been slow to trickle down to the schools but it will at some point. Last go round Tc reported 378 students and largest 1A had 374.  

on the flip side, with Wilson county’s growth, water is on the verge of moving up to 3A.  Water reported 536 students (158 more  than TC) with smallest 3A being 544. 

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

Your really good at mixing words. I said it just as easily could have been 34 to 0 as a tie ball game if Meigs pushes that first score in from the one yard line in first quarter when you all stopped us and added another late score because we settled for running clock and punting pretty much entire 4th quarter. 

I also said you guys score first if that receiver don't drop that ball and it's a different ballgame. I do believe Marion takes the lead we were in trouble. 

Also Marion first possession they hit us with three or four big runs for about 15 yards each for first downs before Taye broke away and went down with injury. That would have been two scores for Marion right there.

It would been a great ballgame and I hope we get another chance to play and he is healthy. 

I'm to old to get my feelings hurt. I just been listening for three days about people talk about how Marion County made so many mistakes, and penalties, and worst game.

I played several sports in my days. 

From my experience when teams have bad games, penalties, mistakes, there is a reason and it is usually the other team.

Yes and I alluded to that as well, that meigs was a big part of the problem.  

Its more like 5-7 years away, but there is a ton of talent down there, MS team has 2-3 players but the rest is rough, we have a kid from Utah that will be a pretty good player from the MS team, but the youth league is littered with 2nd gen players and have loads of potential, RTD is right though they are talented at Football, Basketball, and Baseball 

So we are talking about 7 yr Olds?  My child is a 3rd gen player that is very athletic but is 5'8 130 lbs where I am 6'4 235.  Never know what's gonna happen.

12 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

So we are talking about 7 yr Olds?  My child is a 3rd gen player that is very athletic but is 5'8 130 lbs where I am 6'4 235.  Never know what's gonna happen.

Very true we are talking about youngsters but all the genetics are there, of course development will be the difference one way or the other

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

But your talking 4 - 5 yrs before this happens correct?  I know your middle school  the team was awful.

It's longer than that. The middle school team is bad the drought of talent will be until 6 grade gets in high school. But we will have a great QB for the next two years but we won't have the skill portion players like we have this year. But who knows Gordy kids have been moving into TC past few years. We have 3 starters that came from Gordy lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fsurules said:

Very interested to know what age group they are talking about...  I've seen the younger teams getting steamrolled the last few years by Smith County and Gville

We have kids that don't play football in TC that go to other towns to play. But not this group these kids are very young at certain ages the bigger kids will always win doesn't matter the skill level or speed. TC hasn't had a winning season in junior high football for almost 5 years. But when TC kids get into the high school program that's when the magic happens. Look at TC's record in the past 5 years against Macon, Smith, and Gordy compared to its record in junior high. I can go ahead and tell you there are kids right now trying to find a way to play high school and junior high football in TC and leave Gordy and Macon. This is already happening in peewee football. 

• Like 1

That kid from Utah will be a beast in a few years. 

12 minutes ago, RTD said:

It's longer than that. The middle school team is bad the drought of talent will be until 6 grade gets in high school. But we will have a great QB for the next two years but we won't have the skill portion players like we have this year. But who knows Gordy kids have been moving into TC past few years. We have 3 starters that came from Gordy lol. 

If Gordy keeps going the way that their going now then I would bet that well starts to run dry.

1 hour ago, biggest said:

Talented peewee players doesn't always translate into talented high school players.  I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

Look at Cameron Rankins you'll still have nightmares over that kid at FB. This is a different type of talent. Go ask some of your high school coaches that go to pewee games how good this talent will be. I have seen the talent and helped coach the talent there is size and speed and second-generation players along with second-generation talent from surrounding schools. It's not just 1 or two grades deep it's multiple years of great talent. But first, we going to have a drought in TC for about 2-3 years.  

• CoachT locked this topic