Playoffs Round 1: Dyer County @ Henry County

BigRed88

27 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

I can’t disagree with most of that. Honestly, team chemistry seemed to be lacking early in the year. I know we are worried about this year but I really feel next year will be a very very good one. What do you think? 

Next year’s team has the potential to be as good as they want to be. Everyone has to buy in though, and we can’t wait until week 8 to get the right personnel in the right spots and figure out our identity on offense. Next year’s seniors are super talented, the team will go far if the upcoming sophomores and juniors buy in. Those 3 classes have an abundance of talent, and we’re going to need every bit of it to make a run.

6 minutes ago, westtennvfl said:

They fact you put any stock in Mx Prps rankings tells me all I need to know. Go ahead tell me about how good 3-7 Northeast is too. The team y’all barely squeaked by 44-40?? :roll:

We tried to schedule DC.. they turned us down on a Tuesday and were begging for a non-region game on Twitter the following day :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mmb said:

We tried to schedule DC.. they turned us down on a Tuesday and were begging for a non-region game on Twitter the following day :lol:

This year or last?? We haven’t needed a game this year. Don’t think y’all would of tried to schedule us this year anyway with yalls record.

Edited by westtennvfl

1 minute ago, mmb said:

Last year we were region opponents, so we had no choice but to play each other. We tried to keep the series going this season when y’all moved to Region 8.. but got an emphatic no.

Oh okay I thought you meant as a covid replacement or something. I’m not sure about that one but would almost bet there’s more to the story. 

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

We have lost to a 6A title contender in Summit, lost by 10 to another 6A team in Beech, we was up 14-0 at the half on 6A Brentwood before losing to them by 7. Lost by 3 to a legit threat to make it to the 5A title game in Springfield, and finally lost to an extremely athletic team by 14 at their place in Paducah Tilghman. My point is we have played some really stout competition. A lot of people may be fooled by this 5-5 record and for our sake I hope they do overlook us. We made the necessary changes going into our 9th game of the season against Clarksville NE, and have put up 100 points of offense the last 2 weeks. All I'm saying is if this offense continues improving, we may be hitting our stride at the exact right moment. 

@BigRed88 thanks for the compliment 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, westtennvfl said:

They fact you put any stock in Mx Prps rankings tells me all I need to know. Go ahead tell me about how good 3-7 Northeast is too. The team y’all barely squeaked by 44-40?? :roll:

Make you feel good that your team picks only slack jawed teams to play non region games? Northeast needed to win at a shot at the playoffs. We got their A game no doubt. Since that game was so close DC should have no trouble tonight right. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollRed said:

Make you feel good that your team picks only slack jawed teams to play non region games? Northeast needed to win at a shot at the playoffs. We got their A game no doubt. Since that game was so close DC should have no trouble tonight right. :thumb:

Exactly. DC should win easily right???? Cake walk tonight for the Choctaws...:rolleyes: