Potter out at HVA

HTV

11 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

"Turnover from the previous staff" is typically unlikely for faculty coaches. They usually either stay and coach with the new guy. Or stay put and choose not to coach. Either way is fine. These guys can't just quit their real job over a coaching stipend.

exactly.  spot on FHS

31 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

I would be surprised if they filled the HC position from within. I’m not saying that there aren’t qualified guys there, but I think the football community there is ready for  new direction and are in desperate need of a culture change. I think they hire from outside for sure. 

Yep. Be really surprised if either were to go in that direction.  

Both need new blood and new ideas in a bad way. 

17 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

There is always some turnover at large schools at the end of the school year.  Some teachers retire, transfer, or are certified for multiple subjects.  Idk specifics, but putting that puzzle together can be done if an admin values athletics

I think HVA's principal is one of those principals. He had been at Fulton for years when they were rocking and rolling. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

"Turnover from the previous staff" is typically unlikely for faculty coaches. They usually either stay and coach with the new guy. Or stay put and choose not to coach. Either way is fine. These guys can't just quit their real job over a coaching stipend.

I think the assistants should work with the new coach to help support him. What is a school to do if a bunch of the current assistants hold teaching positions and coach elsewhere or not at all?

19 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

I think the assistants should work with the new coach to help support him. What is a school to do if a bunch of the current assistants hold teaching positions and coach elsewhere or not at all?

From the outside looking in, I can't see it being that simple. These guys (especially in Knox Co) work for peanuts. Their real job is to be a teacher, teaching assistant, etc. If their core principles as far as coaching do not align with the new HC, it may better serve them and the program to just teach and not coach. It's probably the worst scenario for staffing a large sport like football but the teaching positions are not tied to coaching in KCS.

1 hour ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

From the outside looking in, I can't see it being that simple. These guys (especially in Knox Co) work for peanuts. Their real job is to be a teacher, teaching assistant, etc. If their core principles as far as coaching do not align with the new HC, it may better serve them and the program to just teach and not coach. It's probably the worst scenario for staffing a large sport like football but the teaching positions are not tied to coaching in KCS.

Don't see that happening.  The last guy kept most of the previous staff and that didn't work out so well.  

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.  

Don't see the current principal doing the same thing again.  

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't see that happening.  The last guy kept most of the previous staff and that didn't work out so well.  

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.  

Don't see the current principal doing the same thing again.  

It's not the SEC, Lieutenant Dan! They keep their coaching jobs. :roflol:

42 minutes ago, thefox said:

It's not the SEC, Lieutenant Dan! They keep their coaching jobs. :roflol:

Actually they don't.  Coaches are hired on a year to year basis.  A new coach - or an existing coach -  can decide who he does and doesn't want to retain as part of his coaching staff.  

If they are a teacher in the system, they can keep their teaching jobs, however.  

Two totally different positions.  

You really aren't as smart as you think you are.