Region 1 & 2 5a Playoffs

TheBigLebowski99

(1) Knox West vs (4) Mo West

(2) Knox Central vs (3) Tennessee High

(3) Sevier County vs (2) David Crockett

(4) Knox Halls vs (1) Daniel Boone

I think Region 2 will take the clean sweep. After watching these teams this year, I was surprised Sevier County beat Halls after there showing at Knox Central. I was also surprised that Central lost to West as they did.  Can Halls and Sevier County pull the upset though? Daniel Boone is always a tough gritty team and I am sure they are this year as well. Any scouting report on the Blazers?  Does anyone have any information about David Crockett, other than Prince Kollie is no longer there? I have not seen any Crockett fans on the T.  I would ask for details about Mo West and Tennessee High, but I do not see a way that they can beat either Knox West or Knox Central. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

I think Region 2 will take the clean sweep. After watching these teams this year, I was surprised Sevier County beat Halls after there showing at Knox Central. I was also surprised that Central lost to West as they did.  Can Halls and Sevier County pull the upset though? Daniel Boone is always a tough gritty team and I am sure they are this year as well. Any scouting report on the Blazers?  Does anyone have any information about David Crockett, other than Prince Kollie is no longer there? I have not seen any Crockett fans on the T.  I would ask for details about Mo West and Tennessee High, but I do not see a way that they can beat either Knox West or Knox Central. 

Boone - we have a lot of good players but can't seem to make a dollar (put 4 quarters together).     Our defense is very tough but the offense struggles.   Kicking and punting are as good as anybody in NET, maybe the best.  And we are always good for 100 yards in penalties.

Crockett - not nearly as good as last year, but they are no pushover and Sevier County would be foolish to overlook them.     They have a fantastic running back, can't remember his name, but the kid runs hard and is fearless.   Chandley (coach) is doing a great job at DC.

Tennessee High - Just keeping it real here folks, TH is not a good team.    I was impressed with one of their cornerbacks and running back, but that's it.       However keep in mind that in the last couple of months the Vikings have lost an assistant coach and a player, so how they even made it thru the season is amazing.

Morristown West - Well they beat us a few weeks ago, not sure if that is saying much.   MW is better than in recent years but still mediocre.

So, how do the R1 teams above stack up against R2?         As badly as I hate to say it, I could see R2 going 4-0.    There is just something that happens when you cross the Knox County line, not sure what it is but they are just generally better than we are in NET.

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Boone - we have a lot of good players but can't seem to make a dollar (put 4 quarters together).     Our defense is very tough but the offense struggles.   Kicking and punting are as good as anybody in NET, maybe the best.  And we are always good for 100 yards in penalties.

Crockett - not nearly as good as last year, but they are no pushover and Sevier County would be foolish to overlook them.     They have a fantastic running back, can't remember his name, but the kid runs hard and is fearless.   Chandley (coach) is doing a great job at DC.

Tennessee High - Just keeping it real here folks, TH is not a good team.    I was impressed with one of their cornerbacks and running back, but that's it.       However keep in mind that in the last couple of months the Vikings have lost an assistant coach and a player, so how they even made it thru the season is amazing.

Morristown West - Well they beat us a few weeks ago, not sure if that is saying much.   MW is better than in recent years but still mediocre.

So, how do the R1 teams above stack up against R2?         As badly as I hate to say it, I could see R2 going 4-0.    There is just something that happens when you cross the Knox County line, not sure what it is but they are just generally better than we are in NET.

region 1 standings make that group look pretty even really.

2 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

@stockton4182 is a Crockett fan.  He could probably tell you more about them.

Great match-ups in Week #1 of Playoffs. I have watched most of these Region 2 teams this year and will agree that it could be a clean sweep.

Knox West - Good stable of RB's, a QB that can get the ball on the edge to some playmakers. A very, very good defense. Probably one of the best around.

Knox Central - Have an established run game with a couple of different RB's, as good a playmaker as anybody at WR, and a QB similar to Knox West that does enough to keep the train rolling.

Sevier Co - Their QB is one of the best in the area and can make plays with his arm and his feet. He can extend plays and keep them in the game. They are playing much more stout defense than they have the past few years. I think this will be the most interesting match up of the week in this playoff quad.

Knox Halls- They have a very patient QB, good RB's and lots of team speed at the skill positions. They always seem to find points when they need them them the most.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, TheBigLebowski99 said:

Crockett is way down this year. Sevier County by 3 touchdowns. We don’t have a quarterback.

4 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Crockett is way down this year. Sevier County by 3 touchdowns. We don’t have a quarterback.

You're sandbagging, haha.      Your QB is not great but he is very decent.     How many HS teams have a QB who is going to play at the next level?     Very few.        Don't give up, you guys can take Sevier

49 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You're sandbagging, haha.      Your QB is not great but he is very decent.     How many HS teams have a QB who is going to play at the next level?     Very few.        Don't give up, you guys can take Sevier

Sevier County does have a QB that will play at the next level.   That could very well decide the game.  He can manage the game, pass, and run the ball.  Recently broke almost all QB records at the school and there have been some good ones play there.  Many predict this to be the closet game of the quad.  SC defense much improved from years past.  

K-West v M-West = a running clock in the 2nd half.

Central v THS = a running clock in the 2nd half.

SC v DC = Don't know much at all about SC, but Crockett's last game was a narrow 14-7 win over a struggling Class AA Richlands, VA program. Richlands is 4-5 on the year, and Crockett was the only loss where they weren't completely smoked. I'll go with SC in this one.

Halls v Boone = Boone is a tough, physical team, but won't be able to hang with Halls over 4 quarters.

4 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

K-West v M-West = a running clock in the 2nd half.

Central v THS = a running clock in the 2nd half.

SC v DC = Don't know much at all about SC, but Crockett's last game was a narrow 14-7 win over a struggling Class AA Richlands, VA program. Richlands is 4-5 on the year, and Crockett was the only loss where they weren't completely smoked. I'll go with SC in this one.

Halls v Boone = Boone is a tough, physical team, but won't be able to hang with Halls over 4 quarters.

I like the way ur talking.