Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

Just now, Romansfive8 said:

He’s 100, a good coaching staff’s going to take what’s available and working.  If you don’t need your QB, or running back to run every down and you can pass you take full advantage of it.  It’s all about the matchup and preparing for that individual matchup. If the game plan doesn’t work you make the needed adjustments. 

Good to hear, Myers will be needed this week. May just need to pass,  like you said ,you just have to adjust as the game goes on.

12 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I think he just as good as Luke, just younger.  He has the potential to possibly be better and that’s no knock against Luke. Either way against Oneida’s D the Oline is going to have to protect and that’s a challenge.  

Quite the compliment, must be very talented. I may have to eat my words.

2 minutes ago, Rebel82 said:

He was a duel threat QB in 7th and 8th grade. Led his team to 10-0 their final season. He’s impressive. He will definitely be the one to watch these next two years.

Was he the JV qb Last year, If so I saw him when our jv,s played down there last season.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

My guess is, they better turn him loose if he is able. For my part, I hope he is 100 percent. He's a fine kid and I wish him nothing but the best.

You genuinely don't beat Oneida without having a good qb. It is what it is. Ask me how I know lol. Not an insult either crow, only know what kind of players at the helm it took to bring yours and spikes boys down. Not just any qb can do it.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

You genuinely don't beat Oneida without having a good qb. It is what it is. Ask me how I know lol. Not an insult either crow, only know what kind of players at the helm it took to bring yours and spikes boys down. Not just any qb can do it.

Nope, didn’t take it as one. No argument from me about how good your QBs have played when we’ve met up. We did a pretty good job with swafford for the most part but it just takes a crack in the door and he’d be off and running. We’d contain him a big percentage of the time but lose contain once and he’d make you pay. Myers is the same in that regard. The biggest thing we have going for us is this years team has been more physical than any team we’ve had in the last 6-8 years. These boys are head hunters. Sometimes that’ll take the edge off a big time play maker if you can catch him that is lol. Win or lose I reckon the sun’ll still shine the next day Lord willing. Been blessed to have gotten a full season in this year and to have been a part of it. The better team will likely win, they usually do. Big part of life is learning how to win and lose. We’ve done far more of the first than the last over the years but I’ll be here either way I reckon. One thing for sure, we don’t gotta worry about Myers ever again after Friday lol. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Nope, didn’t take it as one. No argument from me about how good your QBs have played when we’ve met up. We did a pretty good job with swafford for the most part but it just takes a crack in the door and he’d be off and running. We’d contain him a big percentage of the time but lose contain once and he’d make you pay. Myers is the same in that regard. The biggest thing we have going for us is this years team has been more physical than any team we’ve had in the last 6-8 years. These boys are head hunters. Sometimes that’ll take the edge off a big time play maker if you can catch him that is lol. Win or lose I reckon the sun’ll still shine the next day Lord willing. Been blessed to have gotten a full season in this year and to have been a part of it. The better team will likely win, they usually do. Big part of life is learning how to win and lose. We’ve done far more of the first than the last over the years but I’ll be here either way I reckon. One thing for sure, we don’t gotta worry about Myers ever again after Friday lol. 

They sure gonna miss him.