Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

6 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Probably not seen a qb scramble as good as Luke, besides Swafford since I've been watching Meigs. Put a qb spy on him cover the receivers well and force a throw. 

We had Perry Mason ,Columbo and Barney Fife Watching him and he still slickered us .

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Been hiding in the back of the room reading.Fun thread Ole Spike has figured how to throw and reel in a whopper flopper.Got a couple big ones on the line.Kudos little buddy keep em edgy.Everyone one of us knows this is a great pickup game so get all you can out of them.Good Ole Meigs or another reg 3 team is gonna break some hearts anyway!

Pujo i agree 100%!

Hope all is well .

29 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Probably not seen a qb scramble as good as Luke, besides Swafford since I've been watching Meigs. Put a qb spy on him cover the receivers well and force a throw. 

I don’t know, the Upperman kid a couple years ago was very good also. Swafford definitely gave us problems though. Myers is an athlete no doubt. We’ll see what we can do. I know this if they beat us 42-7 then they’re my new pick for the East. We’re not world beaters by any stretch but we hold most below their season average. Like I said if we can score 21ish I like our chances. 

21 minutes ago, crow said:

I don’t know, the Upperman kid a couple years ago was very good also. Swafford definitely gave us problems though. Myers is an athlete no doubt. We’ll see what we can do. I know this if they beat us 42-7 then they’re my new pick for the East. We’re not world beaters by any stretch but we hold most below their season average. Like I said if we can score 21ish I like our chances. 

There D is as good or better than their Offense. I don't see them putting up 42.

1 hour ago, crow said:

I think most know that this is going to be a good game. The couple with the high scores I think maybe throwing a hook & bait out?  Myers is a play maker for sure, but SG has a lot of play makers. They’re able to do what the do because they have a great Oline.  Oline has good size, but not the largest and they’re athletic and strong. The D sometimes gets overshadowed, but is really good and much improved since last season against the run and pass coverage; we’ll balanced. It’s a whole team effort and dedication to hard work.

I can promise the SG players and coaching staff is in no way going to take any opponent lightly nor overlook them. Trust me they all know how big the Oneida challenge is. They’re humble, but starving and they know the only way to continue is to keep eating.  

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I wander where he got that score at? looks like he went back and looked at the Meigs South Greene scores from the last four years :D

Just a thought haha I like to be optimistic. And you are right. Meigs did kill us every year. No shame about that one haha. But considering you gave up as many points as we did yards against a bad York team..just makes me think that this game won’t be very close for long. 

12 hours ago, pujo said:

You actually think it will be that one sided, Oneida plays a good brand of defense, its really rare for anyone to score 42 on them. I can see a 2 or 3 score win . Then again who knows.

It will be a good guess I think. but you are right. it’s really which ever SG team shows up. This team is capable of dominating you every drive and scoring at will while also holding your offense to minimal yardage. But there is also a SG team that can play sloppy and lazy. Just depends on who shows up imo. Anything can happen this time of year tho. wish the best of luck to all teams playing this week! Should be a fun week of football!

2 hours ago, pujo said:

We had Perry Mason ,Columbo and Barney Fife Watching him and he still slickered us .

2 hours ago, crow said:

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

I think most know that this is going to be a good game. The couple with the high scores I think maybe throwing a hook & bait out?  Myers is a play maker for sure, but SG has a lot of play makers.  They’re able to do what the do because they have a great Oline.  Oline isn’t the biggest, but they’re athletic and strong. The D sometimes gets overshadowed, but is really good and much improved since last season. It’s a whole team effort and dedication to hard work.

I can promise the SG players and coaching staff is in no way going to take any opponent lightly nor overlook them. Trust me they all know how big the Oneida challenge is. They’re humble, but starving and they know the only way to continue is to keep eating.  

1 hour ago, Avidalum23 said:

Just a thought haha I like to be optimistic. And you are right. Meigs did kill us every year. No shame about that one haha. But considering you gave up as many points as we did yards against a bad York team..just makes me think that this game won’t be very close for long. 

I'll say this, it would be extremely hard for any team to just contain that kid. He is definitely that good of a scrambler. Best bet is to force a throw and hope for the best if you k ow what I mean. As athletic as Meigs was he still ran around like a deer. Very elusive player. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Avidalum23 said:

It will be a good guess I think. but you are right. it’s really which ever SG team shows up. This team is capable of dominating you every drive and scoring at will while also holding your offense to minimal yardage. But there is also a SG team that can play sloppy and lazy. Just depends on who shows up imo. Anything can happen this time of year tho. wish the best of luck to all teams playing this week! Should be a fun week of football!

As well as whichever’ Oneida team shows up. Have not got to watch them this year. But we all know the stigma that they are solid on defense. Should be fun to watch. Either way I’m sticking with my prediction. Hoping it’s right haha!

10 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I'll say this, it would be extremely hard for any team to just contain that kid. He is definitely that good of a scrambler. Best bet is to force a throw and hope for the best if you k ow what I mean. As athletic as Meigs was he still ran around like a deer. Very elusive player. 

What I really like and see in this team is that they have multiple playmakers. I’m really impressed from the little I seen on the new back. That kid is elusive and a huge addition to compliment Myers and the receiving group.