Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

37 minutes ago, Rebel82 said:

The QB is a duel threat. He can run as heavy as you want. He hurt his ankle in the Hampton game and has been held back since then. I have no idea when or if he will be turned loose. The running back was injured in the last game and will be out for the season. The kid who played last game is amazing, but only a sophomore with few minutes, so I’m sure his play will only improve with the season.

Ankle’s in good shape:thumb:  You take what the defense gives and with 4 & 5 skills guys that can catch and run use it when it’s there.  It’s kinda been a running back by committee.  There’s was one kid started emerging and had his shoulder banged up in the last game of the season; he was solid and tough, but wasn’t a speedster.  This new kid is a speedster, nimble, tough and runs down hill and I believe he is going to be special.  They can run & throw but they’ll take/do whatever’s going to give them the best chance to get the dub.  Oneida will be a great test.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Ankle’s in good shape:thumb:  You take what the defense gives and with 4 & 5 skills guys that can catch and run use it when it’s there.  It’s kinda been a running back by committee.  There’s was one kid started emerging and had his shoulder banged up in the last game of the season; he was solid and tough, but wasn’t a speedster.  This new kid is a speedster, nimble and runs down hill and i believe is going to be special.  They can run & throw but you take and do what’s going to get the dub.  Oneida will be a great test.

We will play hard for 4 whole qtrs. Like many have said we are gonna rely heavy on our D. We have a very big and physical front 7. Secondary is what gets us at times but they have came a long way from game 1 and they are headhunters. We will see what happens but one thing I know is SG will know they have been in a physical ball game. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Ankle’s in good shape:thumb:  You take what the defense gives and with 4 & 5 skills guys that can catch and run use it when it’s there.  It’s kinda been a running back by committee.  There’s was one kid started emerging and had his shoulder banged up in the last game of the season; he was solid and tough, but wasn’t a speedster.  This new kid is a speedster, nimble and runs down hill and i believe is going to be special.  They can run & throw but you take and do what’s going to get the dub.  Oneida will be a great test.

I’m excited to see what he will do the next couple of years. He DOES NOT QUIT! He is very special indeed. I was pretty sure the QB was ready to go,  it figured they were holding him till they needed him.

50 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

We will play hard for 4 whole qtrs. Like many have said we are gonna rely heavy on our D. We have a very big and physical front 7. Secondary is what gets us at times but they have came a long way from game 1 and they are headhunters. We will see what happens but one thing I know is SG will know they have been in a physical ball game. 

That’s what I like about this match up.  SG as whole is very physical and offense has been the topic, but defense keeps getting better; their tough, quick and swarm to the ball. One thing I’ve noticed is the strength & conditioning in this years vs last year and it’s definitely on the up.  The kids are more athletic and stronger. They’re humble, but hungry. I like what I’ve seen.  

Both teams don’t quit it’s two teams like this is fun to watch.  

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

And that’s why I believe SG receivers will be the difference in this game. Probably best group of wr’s they’ve ever had out there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

It’s all in good fun Rebel trust me. I have nothing against any of the kids coaches fans School anything. It just so happened that it happened against Oneida and that’s who I root for. If I decide to make the trip I would enjoy meetin and chattin with you. Ole @pujo will yell ya I’m a likable guy. 

FACT

36 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

And that’s why I believe SG receivers will be the difference in this game. Probably best group of wr’s they’ve ever had out there. 

I don’t care what the difference is as long as it works.  Oneida is tough football team, steep in tradition and it’s not going be easy for either.  Better have the j strap on tight.  Gotta get on the road, bunch of miles ahead.  Have a blessed week.  I’ll be back on the thread after the game and congratulate both teams.  

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

That’s what I like about this match up.  SG as whole is very physical and offense has been the topic, but defense keeps getting better; their tough, quick and swarm to the ball. One thing I’ve noticed is the strength & conditioning in this years vs last year and it’s definitely on the up.  The kids are more athletic and stronger. They’re humble, but hungry. I like what I’ve seen.  

Both teams don’t quit it’s two teams like this is fun to watch.  

Complete opposite for Oneida the D is always the topic and the offense chugs along and does what’s needed. We do have a new head coach and a new offense this year. We will sling it around more than we have in years past and have a thunder and lighting combo in the back field. 

25 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I don’t care what the difference is as long as it works.  Oneida is tough football team, steep in tradition and it’s not going be easy for either.  Better have the j strap on tight.  Gotta get on the road, bunch of miles ahead.  Have a blessed week.  I’ll be back on the thread after the game and congratulate both teams.  

Dang Romans you gonna be off the thread all week?