Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

I’m excited about the game! I’ve been reading, I just don’t like to get into the back and forth. I’ll admit that it does hurt a little to hear the “cheating” and “bad school” name calling, but I’m not going to jump in and fuel the flames. I’m out numbered here, so it wouldn’t be very productive. Most people here are good, hard working folks who love their kids and grandkids. South Greene is a great school with a great bunch of hard working athletes. I have a child there, who doesn’t play football, but we enjoy the game together and he has many friends playing. These are good kids. I also went to school there and have classmates whose kids are playing. It’s always fun to go to games and cheer for those you know. 

with all that said, I don’t know what will happen Friday night, but I think the Rebels have the edge and I will be pulling for them. I will also be pulling for a good, clean game, and no injuries. Best of luck to all.

Edited by Rebel82
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rebel82 said:

I’m excited about the game! I’ve been reading, I just don’t like to get into the back and forth. I’ll admit that it does hurt a little to hear the “cheating” and “bad school” name calling, but I’m not going to jump in and fuel the flames. I’m out numbered here, so it wouldn’t be very productive. Most people here are good, hard working folks who love their kids and grandkids. South Greene is a great school with a great bunch of hard working athletes. I have a child there, who doesn’t play football, but we enjoy the game together and he has many friends playing. These are good kids. I also went to school there and have classmates whose kids are playing. It’s always fun to go to games and cheer for those you know. 

with all that said, I don’t know what will happen Friday night, but I think the Rebels have the edge and I will be pulling for them. I will also be pulling for a good, clean game, and no injuries. Best of luck to all.

Good post. You've got a great game to watch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dogtruth said:

I predicted a slobberknocker a couple days ago and I'm still sticking to it :thumb: I'd say this game will be well worth the price of admission.

I hope you are correct. If we play like we did against Monterey. I like our chances but other than that I really ain’t sure. 

Hey @Romansfive8 I’ve watched a little bit of y’all this weekend. Do y’all ever go run heavy? It looks to me y’all lean on the QBs arm to get ya where ya need to be. 

1 hour ago, Rebel82 said:

It’s all in good fun Rebel trust me. I have nothing against any of the kids coaches fans School anything. It just so happened that it happened against Oneida and that’s who I root for. If I decide to make the trip I would enjoy meetin and chattin with you. Ole @pujo will yell ya I’m a likable guy. 

2 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I hope you are correct. If we play like we did against Monterey. I like our chances but other than that I really ain’t sure. 

Hey @Romansfive8 I’ve watched a little bit of y’all this weekend. Do y’all ever go run heavy? It looks to me y’all lean on the QBs arm to get ya where ya need to be. 

The QB is a duel threat. He can run as heavy as you want. He hurt his ankle in the Hampton game and has been held back since then. I have no idea when or if he will be turned loose. The running back was injured in the last game and will be out for the season. The kid who played last game is amazing, but only a sophomore with few minutes, so I’m sure his play will only improve with the season.

2 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

It’s all in good fun Rebel trust me. I have nothing against any of the kids coaches fans School anything. It just so happened that it happened against Oneida and that’s who I root for. If I decide to make the trip I would enjoy meetin and chattin with you. Ole @pujo will yell ya I’m a likable guy. 

I don’t doubt that and I would meet you. I’m not sure if I’ll be there myself. You would probably be surprised when you met me. I’m not your typical poster.

6 minutes ago, Rebel82 said:

The QB is a duel threat. He can run as heavy as you want. He hurt his ankle in the Hampton game and has been held back since then. I have no idea when or if he will be turned loose. The running back was injured in the last game and will be out for the season. The kid who played last game is amazing, but only a sophomore with few minutes, so I’m sure his play will only improve with the season.

I hate to hear bout the injury. I hate to see a kid miss out on football for any reason at all. I’m sure the backup will step up and do just fine. I believe as far as injuries for us we are fairly healthy. The ones that won’t play haven’t played in a long time so we are used to them being out. 

15 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I hate to hear bout the injury. I hate to see a kid miss out on football for any reason at all. I’m sure the backup will step up and do just fine. I believe as far as injuries for us we are fairly healthy. The ones that won’t play haven’t played in a long time so we are used to them being out. 

The backup is super impressive. He’s my son’s best friend. I’ve known him since the first grade. He was the quarter back during his middle school career when they went 10-0 his 8th grade year. He’s good. I just meant that he had to jump into the swing of things real quick.