Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

41 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Where you been?? I’ve been fighting this battle alone 

Just watching and shaking my head. I know what you’re doing, these other folks don’t. You’re just trying to yank a few chains (no pun intended), well it worked. Hook, line and sinker :lol:

Edited by crow

27 minutes ago, rebel7787 said:

Not saying we are a state championship caliber team…. Just good enough to beat oneida by a couple of scores. And if u guys were to win i would be a GROWN man ab it and except it and not go and cry and proclaim everyone from oneida cheated. thanks!!!

I haven’t cried in a long time over a football game my friend.  The only difference in South Greene and Oneida is South Greene got caught cheating and  that’s what they are known for. South Greene Chain Yankers sounds more fitting than Rebels. :popcorneater:

If y’all fairly no chain yankin no sneaky stuff clearly beat us Friday night I’ll say congrats and move on. However I’m not the only guy that has this opinion on SG. 

Edited by Spike016
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

This is the best thread we have had all year long! I love it! I will say it’s a lot more fun when they are posters from the opposing team!

If there were any Freshman on these teams that played they were part of that game. 1st time you all have played since 2018 right.

Edited by Appvol

This the best team South Greene has ever had. EVER! I don’t know that it’s enough to put a dent in Meigs, but I think we will handle Friday just fine. Chain gang or not. I would normally say, but you never know about kids, but this bunch is different. They are consistent. I can’t imagine a different team showing up Friday.

1 hour ago, Rebel82 said:

This the best team South Greene has ever had. EVER! I don’t know that it’s enough to put a dent in Meigs, but I think we will handle Friday just fine. Chain gang or not. I would normally say, but you never know about kids, but this bunch is different. They are consistent. I can’t imagine a different team showing up Friday.

Appreciate the nod friend but everyone is beatable including Meigs. I just hope were the one to represent our bracket. We have as good a chance as any though.

Edited by Yeti

4 hours ago, rebel7787 said:

Not saying we are a state championship caliber team…. Just good enough to beat oneida by a couple of scores. And if u guys were to win i would be a GROWN man ab it and except it and not go and cry and proclaim everyone from oneida cheated. thanks!!!

I’ll disagree with you somewhat. I’m not saying SG is not capable of getting to the championship this season because they do have the potential/athletes to get there; tough road, but doable this season. I’ve watched a lot of 2a football either in person or by other means and they’re 6 teams that are real close and 3 that are not far behind. It all boils down to matchups. It’s all about the matchup and preparing for that matchup is the key! Meigs in the east on the westside of Knox is the favorite and should be because of what they’ve accomplished, still in the east west of Knox TC & Watertown are right there with Meigs this season.  One of the 3 should be in the semi.

After seeing the other 3 (Meigs, TC, Watertown) there’s no doubt east of Knox SG or Hampton can go toe to toe with any of those 3 and I’ll throw Oneida in the picture to if they can produce a little more offense which they are very capable of.  Whichever one has the opportunity I believe will be in it and have the opportunity to pull it out. Is the east side of Knox tired of getting embarrassed? The question I have is how bad do they want it?  I’m not saying either will win, but the door is open and who will it be that steps in and takes that step up?
Meigs in the east is the Rick Flair of the bunch and we’ll deserved, but TC will challenge them Friday and this is truly a toss up game and could go either way.  It wouldn’t surprise me if TC pulls it out but I’m picking Meigs until they prove me wrong.

Out West -

Westview, Huntington, MAHS.  MAHS has the athletes to compete with anyone in 2a, but can they handle the physicality of Huntington?  Huntington reminds me of Hampton, but when they pass might be tidbit better, with Hampton a tidbit better on D.  Westview has a high powered throwing machine on offense and receivers, but in my opinion is lacking just a tidbit on D. Westview reminds me SG, but in my opinion SG D’s is a little better and more physical. Oneida’s big and physical and solid on D and strong against the run. TC and Watertown no need to point out any particulars for them because they bring it year in and year out and it’s no different this season.  Meigs until they’ve been beat it is what it is. Marion County shouldn’t be left out either, but I think Watertown’s D will be too much to overcome. 

I’ve tried to be as realistic as possible without bringing any bias into this, I could very well be wrong and if I am my feelings will not be hurt :D.

We’ll know a little more after Friday.  Have a blessed week.

Edited by Romansfive8

37 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’ll disagree with you somewhat. I’m not saying SG is not cable of getting to the championship this season because they do have the potential/athletes to get there; very tough road.  I’ve watched a lot of 2a football either in person or by other means and they’re 6 teams that are real close and 3 that are not far behind. It all boils down to matchups.  It’s all about the matchup and preparing for that matchup is the key! Meigs in the east on the westside of Knox is the favorite and should be because of what they’ve accomplished, still in the east west of Knox TC & Watertown are right there with Meigs this season.  One of the 3 should be in the semi.

After seeing the other 3 (Meigs, TC, Watertown) there’s no doubt east of Knox SG or Hampton can go toe to toe with any of those 3 and I’ll throw Oneida in the picture to if they can produce a little more offense which they are very capable of.  Whichever one has the opportunity I believe will be in it and have the opportunity to pull it out. Is the east side of Knox tired of getting embarrassed, how bad do they want it???  I’m not saying either will win, but the door is open. 
Meigs in the east is the Rick Flair of the bunch and we’ll deserved, but TC will challenge them Friday and this is truly a toss up game and could go either way.  It wouldn’t surprise me if TC pulls it out but I’m picking Meigs until they prove me wrong.

Out West -

Westview, Huntington, MAHS.  MAHS has the athletes to compete with anyone in 2a, but can they handle the physicality of Huntington?  Huntington reminds me of Hampton, but when they pass might be tidbit better, with Hampton a tidbit better on D.  Westview has a high powered throwing machine on offense and receivers, but in my opinion is lacking just a tidbit on D. Westview reminds me SG, but in my opinion SG D’s is a little better and more physical. Oneida’s big and physical and solid on D and strong against the run. TC and Watertown no need to point out any particulars for them because they bring it year in and year out and it’s no different this season.  Meigs until they’ve been beat it is what it is. Marion County shouldn’t be left out either, but I think Watertown’s D will be too much to overcome. 

I’ve tried to be as realistic as possible without bringing any bias into this, I could very well be wrong and if I am my feelings will not be hurt :D.

We’ll know a little more after Friday.  Have a blessed week.

Spot on Romans! You know your ball. We have talked about it at Oneida games. Meigs is the leader in the clubhouse and honestly I don’t even know if it’s that close with anyone else.