Round 2 Waverly travels to East Nashville

Wavo2004

31 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Pretty sure 2 is the qb this year  we have to be able to cover number 3 

https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/county/davidson/meet-east-nashville-qb-zack-beard-a-quiet-leader-who-prioritizes-vision/article_ab9e288a-f4a3-11eb-bece-9b04197374f2.html

The QB was a new starter in 2021.  The QB in 2020 was Kwanzee Jemison.  He also wore #2.  The RB #8 Gregory and the LB #1 Leatherwood graduated off of last year's team.  Those 3 guys were special football players.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SPFootball1 said:

The atmosphere will be a huge factor in this game. Also adjusting to true speed. The only issue i see Waverly having in this game is off tackle and outside coverage of speed. if they can stop that Waverly wins. I also believe East is going to send more pressure than Waverly has seen all year.

I’m thinking along the same lines. I feel east will load the box to stop the QB/RB from running all over them and make waverly win by throwing the ball, and I feel confindent that our receivers can do that, just hope Dooley has the time to throw it. East has a few really good runningbscks from what I have seen as well. Should be a really fun game.

East is physical and fast.  They are extremely well coached up front and that defensive line will cause people nightmares.  Waverly has the right offense to create problems, but that good QB will have to get rid of it quickly.  If Waverly wins it will be high scoring affair IMO.  Because what I know about defenses on that side of the bracket, no one will slow down East and their scheme with those hogs up front. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Notbiasatall21 said:

East is physical and fast.  They are extremely well coached up front and that defensive line will cause people nightmares.  Waverly has the right offense to create problems, but that good QB will have to get rid of it quickly.  If Waverly wins it will be high scoring affair IMO.  Because what I know about defenses on that side of the bracket, no one will slow down East and their scheme with those hogs up front. 

Are those hogs conditioned for 4 quarters of fast paced football on both sides? Has East played anyone that plays as quickly as Waverly does? Or that has averaged 42 points a game? I get that East has played some good schools. But have they played anyone like Waverly? Big boys are great and all but can they last 4 quarters of fast paced scoring?Or will they tire out? 

I think this will be a high scoring game. I think Waverly’s coaching staff will do a great job of game planning and will find a way to get it done. I don’t think it will be easy though. Waverly will try to establish the run, if they can run the football, it’s just going to make passing that much easier. If the run game isn’t affective, which I think it will be, the passing game is enough to handle business. My concern is stopping East from scoring. Waverly simply needs to out score East and try and create turnovers or make stops when they count. I’m expecting this to be a tight game. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Are those hogs conditioned for 4 quarters of fast paced football on both sides? Has East played anyone that plays as quickly as Waverly does? Or that has averaged 42 points a game? I get that East has played some good schools. But have they played anyone like Waverly? Big boys are great and all but can they last 4 quarters of fast paced scoring?Or will they tire out? 

I think this will be a high scoring game. I think Waverly’s coaching staff will do a great job of game planning and will find a way to get it done. I don’t think it will be easy though. Waverly will try to establish the run, if they can run the football, it’s just going to make passing that much easier. If the run game isn’t affective, which I think it will be, the passing game is enough to handle business. My concern is stopping East from scoring. Waverly simply needs to out score East and try and create turnovers or make stops when they count. I’m expecting this to be a tight game. 

I've still not made my mind up on which way to go on this game.  I think the little games within the game will help decide this one.  East is going to push buttons and how Waverly responds may make the difference.  I think Waverly has to pick its spots to run and gun and also just be very methodical at times.  I think it will be a mistake to try to burn out the bulbs of the scoreboard.