On to round 2 pearl Cohn @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

Just now, workinprogress said:

Come on fan you are better than that. All the respect to PC. Back then and I'm sure still, PC was the measuring stick for EN. I dont remember the team getting any t-shirts that year. But if they did, who cares. I bet if y'all had ever beaten Alcoa y'all would have gotten t-shirts too. 

Just having fun workin lol. It was a heck of a game at Vanderbilt and upton was a beast. As far as alcoa your darn right lol.

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Come on fan you are better than that. All the respect to PC. Back then and I'm sure still, PC was the measuring stick for EN. I dont remember the team getting any t-shirts that year. But if they did, who cares. I bet if y'all had ever beaten Alcoa y'all would have gotten t-shirts too. 

We would’ve gotten jackets and a ring!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Fan does Vaughn ever come back to PC to talk to the kids? I would think he would be a great role model for those guys. 

He’s did a backpack giveaway at McKissack at the beginning of the year. If I’m not mistaken he was at the game this past Friday since they had a bye week. He follows the team closely and talks to the kids via social media. 

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

King there was no three way tie. EN won the region beating PC in a classic at Vandy. I am not saying this year did not matter. In fact I said the opposite. What I did say was it mattered more in 2014 because PC was in the region. Get this.......when was the last time EN beat PC? I'll wait for your response. 

I don’t give a darn when they last beat PC. my point was it was a tie between East, PC, and Lipscomb Academy. You’re right East did beat PC who beat Lipscomb and Lipscomb beat East. Matter of fact Lipscomb beat East back to back weeks. My point is this East won their first outright region title which means more. 

8 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

current kids.

Keshawn Vaughn Tampa Bay Bucs

Starting QB Kennesaw state “Big south player of the month” 

2 Tennessee OL and DT

4 Austin Peay CB,2RB,DL 

1 ole miss DB

1 Marshall WR

4 Tennessee State OL,WR,LB,QB 

1 Memphis DB

2 Vanderbilt LB,LS

1 Michigan state DE

1 texas state WR

then some kids at the smaller schools like Lindsey Wilson,Bethel, coach Brunetti does a heck of a job getting these kids into school and pushing them to graduate

Kudos to this 

8 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

current kids.

Keshawn Vaughn Tampa Bay Bucs

Starting QB Kennesaw state “Big south player of the month” 

2 Tennessee OL and DT

4 Austin Peay CB,2RB,DL 

1 ole miss DB

1 Marshall WR

4 Tennessee State OL,WR,LB,QB 

1 Memphis DB

2 Vanderbilt LB,LS

1 Michigan state DE

1 texas state WR

then some kids at the smaller schools like Lindsey Wilson,Bethel, coach Brunetti does a heck of a job getting these kids into school and pushing them to graduate

Very impressive!

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

No king I disagree. There was no PC for EN this year. 2014 meant more. You can disagree all you want but everyone knows PC was/is the measuring stick in metro.

I have no affiliation to either school let me get that out the way first, but if that’s the case then that is why metro hasn’t won anything since Hillsboro. The goal is not to be the best in metro, but the best in the state. PC has won plenty of freshman city championships but what has that translated to a couple of runner-ups. As a competitor I want to measure myself against the teams that complete the job and win state. 

• Like 2