On to round 2 pearl Cohn @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

16 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yikes! I was just shooting from the hip. They are both 4A now...... I was thinking 3A because PC played Milan in the Semis last year. I forgot they will have to go through Haywood. 

I was thinking the same as everyone else when I saw your post, this bracket is a freaking gauntlet, and it won't get any easier when you get to Chatt.....lol

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I was thinking the same as everyone else when I saw your post, this bracket is a freaking gauntlet, and it won't get any easier when you get to Chatt.....lol

I feel like whoever comes out of the west this year will give the east a tougher game than normal! We will be tougher than the east will expect! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chargercats said:

I feel like whoever comes out of the west this year will give the east a tougher game than normal! We will be tougher than the east will expect! 

The east even gets home field advantage! The championship game being played in East TN is crappy to me. It should have stayed in the middle of the state. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

The east even gets home field advantage! The championship game being played in East TN is crappy to me. It should have stayed in the middle of the state. 

I can agree with your logic, but if the atmosphere and playing surface are what they should be in 'Nooga, it's a good move. Some pretty good food and a straight shot up '40 was all that Cookeville had going for it from my point of view.

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I can agree with your logic, but if the atmosphere and playing surface are what they should be in 'Nooga, it's a good move. Some pretty good food and a straight shot up '40 was all that Cookeville had going for it from my point of view.

Gotcha, last time I was TTU the football field was turf. Has been changed back to grass?

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Gotcha, last time I was TTU the football field was turf. Has been changed back to grass?

Is this a long term deal, or year to year?

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Also, Cookeville had a reasonable drive for anyone in the state. It was a day trip. Now, you are going to consider a hotel room... 

38 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I like the idea (probably a dumb idea, lol) of having the championship location rotate with the bracket. So when the west is the "home" team, have the championship on the western end of the state and visa versa for when the east is the "home" team. I'm sure that's nearly impossible and will never happen but an idea anyway. 

49 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

If Tullahoma should make it to face the east bracket opponent in the title game we would be much closer to Chattanooga than Greeneville. So home field advantage is not a fore gone conclusion, yet.

20 minutes ago, Chargercats said:

I like the idea (probably a dumb idea, lol) of having the championship location rotate with the bracket. So when the west is the "home" team, have the championship on the western end of the state and visa versa for when the east is the "home" team. I'm sure that's nearly impossible and will never happen but an idea anyway. 

I like it! I guess the only possible sites for this would be Martin, or Memphis. 

I do not think Bethel has the facilities to handle this. 

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I like it! I guess the only possible sites for this would be Martin, or Memphis. 

I do not think Bethel has the facilities to handle this. 

Yea, Martin or memphis. I do not have a clue what bethel has. I'm sure their are a couple other college facilties as well like Austin Peay but not sure they would be very appealing. I'm trying to think what would be on this side of Nashville?