Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

On 8/6/2022 at 8:45 PM, blazer1set said:

A few years ago Ridgeview Elementary (feeder school to Boone) had an 8th grade team that went 10-0 and won by an average of 40 points.    By the time they were in high school only 2 boys from that team played football.     I remember going to a Greeneville game a couple of years ago, there were some 8/9 year old kids tossing a football around, they were all dressed in Green and I asked if they wanted to play in high school, without exception they all said "Yes!".    Lot of excitement from those young kids just dreaming of being out there in a few years.     If you could instill that kind of passion in young kids then the high school team would be unstoppable.

Yep … I remember going to games back when I was a Kid at DB … throwing ball around was what you did and most wore their middle school jerseys ! Going to Boys Club on Sat and Sundays ( packed and games every hour or so ) and playing league football was a blast ! But DB don’t allow kids to run around like that anymore ! 

Off the subject

Heck have you been to the Lynn Garden Pals ? There’s two Beefs in there working ! I asked the one and he said “yeah , I go to DB , I play in the band “ nothing wrong with the Band , but this Boy is a Beast ….He said he has been approached several times , each year , by coaches , bugging him to play  ! I want to say 6”5 280-300 - and that’s a lot of muscle !  One of the guys in there said he is strong as an oxe !

Edited by kingindian33

16 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

Yep … I remember going to games back when I was a Kid at DB … throwing ball around was what you did and most wore their middle school jerseys ! Going to Boys Club on Sat and Sundays ( packed and games every hour or so ) and playing league football was a blast ! But DB don’t allow kids to run around like that anymore ! 

Off the subject

Heck have you been to the Lynn Garden Pals ? There’s two Beefs in there working ! I asked the one and he said “yeah , I go to DB , I play in the band “ nothing wrong with the Band , but this Boy is a Beast ….He said he has been approached several times , each year , by coaches , bugging him to play  ! I want to say 6”5 280-300 - and that’s a lot of muscle !  One of the guys in there said he is strong as an oxe !

Oh yeah, I have seen some big beefy guys sitting in the stands @ Boone games, always wondered why they were not out on the field.    A few years ago Boone had a guy who would have been a slam dunk all-stater at tight end but he opted to play another sport instead of football.    I would venture to say that most schools have that going on outside of schools like Alcoa and Maryville.

Edited by blazer1set
typo

On 8/10/2022 at 4:54 PM, kingindian33 said:

Off the subject

I guess he is going for a National title instead of a conference title.Sounds like the DB band has a great strength program as well.

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

You going to be at Boone tomorrow for the little league Jamboree?   I’ve got some kids playing for Boone.

No, didn't know anything about it.       Maybe we can say hello at a Greeneville game, looks like the Elizabethton and Kingsport games might be on my radar.

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

How did the Indians fare in their scrimmages?  Pre season over now, game on next Friday night

Not sure about the scrimmage, but next week's game against Tennessee High will be essentially over by halftime.     Score at the half, DB 21-0, final could be anything as younger players get their chance at gametime experience.

16 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

How did the Indians fare in their scrimmages?  Pre season over now, game on next Friday night

I heard we did very well against Knox Central, and against Lord Botetort from Roanoke ,VA they looked really good. DB moved the ball at will on offense and the defense didn’t give up hardly any yardage all scrimmage. 

Hoping that it is a good sign for the Tribe. 

16 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Not sure about the scrimmage, but next week's game against Tennessee High will be essentially over by halftime.     Score at the half, DB 21-0, final could be anything as younger players get their chance at gametime experience.

I always take a "wait and see" approach with the first game. All it takes is a flat and uninterested DB team and a fired-up TH team and you've got a tight game. I've seen it happen many times with DB involved. And it's almost always at home. 

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I always take a "wait and see" approach with the first game. All it takes is a flat and uninterested DB team and a fired-up TH team and you've got a tight game. I've seen it happen many times with DB involved. And it's almost always at home. 

Tenn High had a lot of tragedy last year, now they have a brand new head coach.    So yeah, anything could happen.   I was just going off the last few meetings, it has been all DB

I went and watched TN High scrimmage and I will have to agree with @blazer1set this one is going to get ugly quick.  The corners were torched all practice, I have a feeling the passing attack of DB will be to much and they will put points up early until the game is out of reach.

Edited by 423EATenn