TC at H2O…..AGAIN!

tcjacket13

21 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

In all honesty I don’t follow the East enough to give a great big ole opinion of this sliggfest that is coming, I will ask if it has been the scenario of H/O winning regular season and TC winning in the playoffs correct ? Also the regular is usually very close and this year was a more dominant Watertown win ? This game,if I didn’t have a vested interest in City and the Rebels would be my must see game !!!! I will say this and mean it , I like TC and their history, I love Watertown’s story line this year , to me what they have done  is astonishing ! I have so much respect for TC and your posters but I really hope to see a Watertown Gold Ball ! And yes I said that over the West teams 

Welcome aboard!!

As for your breakdown of our series… you are spot on! 

Heck I’ll throw a Roll Tide out there just for the above post!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, H2Oman said:

No doubt!!!

I heard region 3 had four teams that could beat region 4… is that so???

I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I was a little surprised to see Watertown win (especially after seeing them scrimmage at Clay County) against Marion County. I was shocked to see Trousdale go to Meigs County and win. I predicted a region 3 quarterfinal, with the winner representing the East in Chattanooga. Congrats to both teams and I still stand by the second part of my prediction. @H2Oman I hope your Purple Tigers finally get over the hurdle and get to practice on Thanksgiving for a game at Hampton or Oneida.

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Welcome aboard!!

As for your breakdown of our series… you are spot on! 

Heck I’ll throw a Roll Tide out there just for the above post!

I enjoy our run with the GoldBalls and such ,but, what your team has going is special ! Heck I wouldn’t call you a homer nor hater and you didn’t expect this team to in reality be top 3 in 2A !  I think a very tough first part of your season has turned your fellas into some hard nosed ballers !! It ain’t flashy there aren’t D 1 kids getting scouted”yet” nobody talking about your burner speed winning games, just assignment ball, great play calling, a defense that will knock your teeth out and then tell you good game and most of all a staff that didn’t give a darn about stats rankings or flash , they just coached this team to a real contender ! Anyone that loves highschool ball has gotta love this storyline ! GL and enjoy your banter with a bunch of good rabid fans on both sides ! Ain’t this what it’s all about !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I was a little surprised to see Watertown win (especially after seeing them scrimmage at Clay County) against Marion County. I was shocked to see Trousdale go to Meigs County and win. I predicted a region 3 quarterfinal, with the winner representing the East in Chattanooga. Congrats to both teams and I still stand by the second part of my prediction. @H2Oman I hope your Purple Tigers finally get over the hurdle and get to practice on Thanksgiving for a game at Hampton or Oneida.

To be honest most of our fans were surprised to see the turnaround they’ve seen after week 3, but the coaches have coached them up and the kids are playing at a very high level right now!

We appreciate your support and I myself feel better about our chances this week than I have the last three years!

7 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I enjoy our run with the GoldBalls and such ,but, what your team has going is special ! Heck I wouldn’t call you a homer nor hater and you didn’t expect this team to in reality be top 3 in 2A !  I think a very tough first part of your season has turned your fellas into some hard nosed ballers !! It ain’t flashy there aren’t D 1 kids getting scouted”yet” nobody talking about your burner speed winning games, just assignment ball, great play calling, a defense that will knock your teeth out and then tell you good game and most of all a staff that didn’t give a darn about stats rankings or flash , they just coached this team to a real contender ! Anyone that loves highschool ball has gotta love this storyline ! GL and enjoy your banter with a bunch of good rabid fans on both sides ! Ain’t this what it’s all about !!!!!!

Yes sir… it’s definitely been one heck of a turnaround and you’re 100% correct. We’ve had more upperclassman talent in the past, but these kids are playing as one unit and seem to believe in each other.

It’s always scary to go against an inspired team who expects to win and I think TC is going to have to play one this Friday.

5 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

I well if we gonna bring up history and those 4 shining Region Trophies…you got any gold balls shining? That’s right…you have “No Balls!”   You just worry about what happens in “Friendship East Academy” and let us take care of business here in Trousdale! 

Well, I was referring to the past almost 4yrs history between these to programs.  But, I guess the ol "Gold Ball" bailout will work.  But, if we keep the focus over the past 3 yrs, I would say you guys could jump around and throw your arms up and scream "WE WERE ALMOST THE GREATEST AGAIN!" Because if you don't think history can be changed, then you guys are on a collision course with a semi-final failure.  Because this is the history TC is clinging to.  Is this the business I need to stay out of in TC?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DownHillMan said:

Well, I was referring to the past almost 4yrs history between these to programs.  But, I guess the ol "Gold Ball" bailout will work.  But, if we keep the focus over the past 3 yrs, I would say you guys could jump around and throw your arms up and scream "WE WERE ALMOST THE GREATEST AGAIN!" Because if you don't think history can be changed, then you guys are on a collision course with a semi-final failure.  Because this is the history TC is clinging to.  Is this the business I need to stay out of in TC?

Good stuff 

38 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

To be honest most of our fans were surprised to see the turnaround they’ve seen after week 3, but the coaches have coached them up and the kids are playing at a very high level right now!

We appreciate your support and I myself feel better about our chances this week than I have the last three years!

I don’t believe you, y’all’s team last year was the best team in school history imo, talent all over the field and I’ll say this, y’all would have beaten Meigs in the Semis last year because your offense would have been a mismatch for them, I’ve told several people I was expecting to get beat last year 

2 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I don’t believe you, y’all’s team last year was the best team in school history imo, talent all over the field and I’ll say this, y’all would have beaten Meigs in the Semis last year because your offense would have been a mismatch for them, I’ve told several people I was expecting to get beat last year 

We may have been more gifted, but again there is a total buy in from this team that may not have been there last year.

I also truly don’t think TC is as good as they have been in the past ( could be wrong) 

But you don’t have to believe me and I’m sure there are a lot more that would disagree with me, but I would bet this team ( playing the way they are now) against any team we’ve had in the past… that’s the 100% truth. 

This team is different from years past IMO and I don’t think they’ll be a bit nervous or worried about this series history Friday.

The kids just seem to believe and thrive on being told they are not good enough!

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

We may have been more gifted, but again there is a total buy in from this team that may not have been there last year.

I also truly don’t think TC is as good as they have been in the past ( could be wrong) 

But you don’t have to believe me and I’m sure there are a lot more that would disagree with me, but I would bet this team ( playing the way they are now) against any team we’ve had in the past… that’s the 100% truth. 

This team is different from years past IMO and I don’t think they’ll be a bit nervous or worried about this series history Friday.

The kids just seem to believe and thrive on being told they are not good enough!

This group of players for H20 have bought in to the understanding they have to be focused each week.  They have embraced coaching, they have stared adversity in the face many times only to stand tall and make believers out of the haters.  But, they were not anywhere close to the caliber team they are now at the start of the season.  I was leaning on a 2-8 maybe 3-7 season.  That was not knowing anything about a few new comers to the Region.  Its been mentioned several times over many of these threads, and I am not sure what changed after week 2 against Gordy, but H20 coaching went to a high level.  And throw Upperman in the mix, I really wish TC had that game with Upperman.  I would have loved to see that outcome.

PTP

2 minutes ago, DownHillMan said:

This group of players for H20 have bought in to the understanding they have to be focused each week.  They have embraced coaching, they have stared adversity in the face many times only to stand tall and make believers out of the haters.  But, they were not anywhere close to the caliber team they are now at the start of the season.  I was leaning on a 2-8 maybe 3-7 season.  That was not knowing anything about a few new comers to the Region.  Its been mentioned several times over many of these threads, and I am not sure what changed after week 2 against Gordy, but H20 coaching went to a high level.  And throw Upperman in the mix, I really wish TC had that game with Upperman.  I would have loved to see that outcome.

PTP

3-7 is where I was leaning after I seen the jamboree myself… These kids have made me eat my words / thoughts and I absolutely love it!!!

You’re 100% correct… they’ve totally bought in and are a very dangerous team right now!!!