Playoffs Quarterfinals: Henry County @ Springfield

BigRed88

1 minute ago, brian2000 said:

You analyze Springfield games but  squeal when HC games are brought up. Oh I forgot.....you’re the best puppy...yes you are :lol:

I just agreed with you. Just put our guys down for a zero.  You hope we get held to a low score. You know that slow jacket offense won’t put up many. 

On 11/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kevin38 said:

I predicted you would roll the rest of your schedule after our 1st game, was unsure about Tillman becasue I didnt know much about them, said at least 2nd round because didnt know how good region 8 was. I dont care if you changed offensvie coordinators or not, I still believe we would be playing again next week regardless. I am not saying you are not better because of it, just dont feel it is as big of a factor as you guys are thinking...

AND yes I know, there were 2 players out, how could I forget with how much you guys mention it.....lol

Tilighman is also in the 3rd rd of the playoffs in KY. Upset the district Champions last Friday.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Since this is the first time for the Patriots to play at the high school stadium(we no longer play on Boyce Smith Field at the middle school), parking is available in front of the school. All the parking around the back of the school is handicapped parking or reserved for parking pass holders. 
I look for this to be the largest crowd there since the 2017 semi final game with Haywood County. I know it will probably be the largest visitor crowd we’ve ever had there.
I haven’t heard if Social Dweebs is doing video yet or not. That may have affect our home crowd if they are able to stream video. 

Will yall get some bleachers brought in for this one? Last time I was there was for the Montgomery Central game a few years ago. That was a nice crowd. But HC will bring all of paris over. 

14 minutes ago, Halfhalfhalf said:

Will yall get some bleachers brought in for this one? Last time I was there was for the Montgomery Central game a few years ago. That was a nice crowd. But HC will bring all of paris over. 

I seriously doubt they will get bleachers, but I’m not in the know on those kind of things. They never have before. The bleachers were originally planned to be double on the visitor side and maybe half more on the home side but funding cuts reduced those down, along with parking. That’s a long story that’s been told enough. 

I have a serious question for the HC faithful. Has Henry County ever considered playing up to 6A before in football? I know back when there were only three classes Springfield was AA size but always played up to AAA. The reason Jerry Pearson left Springfield was the decision was made to drop to AA and he didn’t agree with it. He wanted to play the best. Our loss was Dickson County’s gain for Coach Pearson won them two state titles. 

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

@SEC1rules, MSU is correct. We lost to Pearl Cohn in the quarterfinals in 2015 and 2016. New regions were formed in 2017, and Pearl stayed in 3A. We lost to Greeneville in Cookeville in 17, lost to Haywood in Jackson in the semis in 18, lost to Elizabethtown in Cookeville in 19, and lost at home to Hardin County in 20 in the 2nd round. I think most Jacket fans will agree that we lost that game to Hardin in 2020 more than they won and should’ve been in Cookeville again. That’s why you line up and play though, you never know. 

That’s a good run. I remember watching the title games on TV. 

5 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I have a serious question for the HC faithful. Has Henry County ever considered playing up to 6A before in football? I know back when there were only three classes Springfield was AA size but always played up to AAA. The reason Jerry Pearson left Springfield was the decision was made to drop to AA and he didn’t agree with it. He wanted to play the best. Our loss was Dickson County’s gain for Coach Pearson won them two state titles. 

Oakland and Maryville own 6A. So is team “scared” for not moving up?? There is plenty of good competition in 5A besides HC. Springfield seems to be sweeping through 5A   Go ahead play up with 6A

12 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I’ve never heard it talked about. That would be tough for a rural 5A school in my opinion. The ones at the top in 6A are generally cities/suburbs with a huge pool to pull/recruit from. 

17 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

I’ve never heard it talked about. That would be tough for a rural 5A school in my opinion. The ones at the top in 6A are generally cities/suburbs with a huge pool to pull/recruit from. 

I was just wondering. Location is a big thing for y’all, for I agree the cities/suburbs are generally the ones with 6A schools.