6A Quarterfinals: Oakland @ Lebanon

MidTennFootball

5 hours ago, dlineguy said:

Its easy to win when you have 14 D1 players but what Lebanon coaching staff has been able to do with kids from Lebanon is nothing short of amazing. From what I saw Gentry has a good mix of greybeards and young hungry coaches mixed with hungry coachable kids = W! if it ends Friday night Gentry is still coach of the year in my book.

Has Lebanon really beat anyone this year?  I mean anyone really good?  So you're saying Creasy is only good because he has exceptional SEC talent at every position?  Not even close...lol.......Creasy won championships at Trousdale county with what was probably a lot of much smaller and less athletic kids.  The man can coach.  As MidTenn said, the development of these players starts very early in the middle school programs for Oakland.  95% of our kids are homegrown right here in the Oakland School Zone.  We have a few others that move here to get their kids more  exposure to potential college scouts.  Oakland may get beat at some point this year.  But not by Lebanon.  11-2 ain't so bad.

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Id like to know who that team with 14 D-1 players is. Oakland getting to this point has been a process of over nearly 15 seasons, not something that happened overnight. Everybody sees what happens at the varsity level, but the reason Oakland is a power is the result of having a great feeder system from youth ball all the way to JV

Gentry has done a good job no doubt. If you follow football in this state, their ascension shouldn't be a surprise. They did benefit from playing in the worst region in 6A and maybe 5A too. I would counter with Gentry may not even be the COY in his own county, Crouch at GH is in the quarterfinals in Year 2

Gentry is COY in county...midstate as well...but he ain't beating Oakland.

Edited by TheHill

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Way to set the tone early en route to a 45-20 victory. Give Lebanon credit, they fought for all 48 minutes, looking forward to see how they improve next year. On to Mairvul

Sigh......... half hearted ... unemotional .... Go Pats...!?.....about like the game I expected...

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

We got a seat on the buss saved for ya so you can cheer on your favorite team

Feel free to let someone have my seat,,,after all I'm not Forrest Gump...lol Congrats on the win. I tuned into the Maryville ending on a Paid for network to hear their announcers talk about how they lead the 7 game series of 4 to 3 and how Oakland will come in there feeling good about their dominating performance over Lebanon, But Maryville is a good team and not the same team as last year  and Oakland was heavily senior laden...Heck... Oakland returned almost everybody, and of the positions they didn't return they got better. Maryville just might go down at home this year......

15 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Feel free to let someone have my seat,,,after all I'm not Forrest Gump...lol Congrats on the win. I tuned into the Maryville ending on a Paid for network to hear their announcers talk about how they lead the 7 game series of 4 to 3 and how Oakland will come in there feeling good about their dominating performance over Lebanon, But Maryville is a good team and not the same team as last year  and Oakland was heavily senior laden...Heck... Oakland returned almost everybody, and of the positions they didn't return they got better. Maryville just might go down at home this year......

Before I speak my opinion…. Teams obviously can get better as the season goes on,… unless you’re MJ and you get worse…. Anyways to my point. Maryville struggled last night against a team that lost to Beech pretty handily. Yes this is Oakland’s year once again.

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Before I speak my opinion…. Teams obviously can get better as the season goes on,… unless you’re MJ and you get worse…. Anyways to my point. Maryville struggled last night against a team that lost to Beech pretty handily. Yes this is Oakland’s year once again.

I certainly think Oakland has a heck of a good shot at repeat. I know Maryville is not the same team as last year, but Oakland has only gotten better this year over last year. I would say Oakland better than last years Oakland team by an avg of 8pts.  They play clean ball and take care of the football it will be their game