2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

The thing with that is Thackerson and the other guard are really good, as well. Garner is really good, but I’m not sure if I’d double up on him or not, cause those other 2 can definitely make you pay.

I haven't ever seen Green double up constantly on 1 player.  I would think they he would play aggressive outside defense (including trapping) to limit clear looks at the basket.  We will need knock down our own shots (something we haven't done consistently) to compete tonight.  I still think it will be a fantastic game regardless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

SweetScience, I know Catholic played at Oak Ridge last year, do you know why they didn't play this year?  Would have been nice to see the Irish play some more area teams (Catholic played West and Bearden) in a non region match-up. I think it would have been a good game considering the season both teams are having.

Looking at the end of our schedule, I would say it's because Alcoa spoke up first.

Tough game, but I thought we played very well, just didn't defend well enough on the last play.  Complete reversal of last year's game.  Good to see the effort on defense and on the glass.  Got to find more ways to shoot a better average.  Grats to Clinton on their first win in 12 years.   Glad to see the rivalry back.

20 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Tough game, but I thought we played very well, just didn't defend well enough on the last play.  Complete reversal of last year's game.  Good to see the effort on defense and on the glass.  Got to find more ways to shoot a better average.  Grats to Clinton on their first win in 12 years.   Glad to see the rivalry back.

Congratulations to Clinton on a well deserved victory. I thought Green got a little out coached there in the final seconds, but hey, it is what it is. Just gotta give credit where it’s due sometime. The win streak eventually had to come to an end. I can deal with 1 loss every 12 years.

26 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

Smart play by lockard to use garner as a decoy to set up the thackerson shot. Great shot by Kel as well great game 

VERY good job. Heck of a job to complete that inbounds pass, as well, which set up that shot to be a lot easier than it would’ve been without it. Tough way to lose, especially after leading practically the whole game. Oh well, get ‘em back at home in a few days.

Edited by SweetScience

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Congratulations to Clinton on a well deserved victory. I thought Green got a little out coached there in the final seconds, but hey, it is what it is. Just gotta give credit where it’s due sometime. The win streak eventually had to come to an end. I can deal with 1 loss every 12 years.

Got to give credit to clock operator and ref.Go back and watch replay and see how much time was left when Clinton called timeout after the Kel shot.The refs let Lockard talk them in to putting more time on clock.Thier is no replay to look at so where did they get that time from.You better be up double digits in game like that on road or crazy things happen.Im bias but I thought Green out coached Lockard big time.No way with all those returning players for Clinton and 2 Oak Ridge players that the game should've been close.Im proud of our boys but just hate to give them one

• Like 1

Coach Green was up to something last night. I couldn't fall asleep last night trying to figure it out. Then it hit me! David Clary mentioned it a time or two during the game.

Substitution pattern! It was different. Osborn started but barely played. The sharpshooting sophomore played just briefly. Only sub to play a lot of minutes was Flip.

He must have wanted to see how the players who did play all of the game would handle the pressure of the game and being dog tired in the hot and hostile gym. My guess what we saw last night is how he plans to sub during the upcoming Tournaments.

Just a thought.

Super effort Wildcats. We will beat the Dragons at home. Good luck in Class AAA Clinton. I hope you win State.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:31 AM, QSouth89 said:

SweetScience, I know Catholic played at Oak Ridge last year, do you know why they didn't play this year?  Would have been nice to see the Irish play some more area teams (Catholic played West and Bearden) in a non region match-up. I think it would have been a good game considering the season both teams are having.

It’s a shame Oak Ridge, Clinton, Maryville,Fulton,  etc. won’t play Catholic. If these teams want to make a run in the state tourney, they’re going to see this type talent. 

How long as it been since OR has made that long journey to Cedar Bluff?

What a game!! Oak Ridge rebounded really well, in my opinion. Clinton has struggled to put a body on a body in the paint all year. I was impressed with the inbound play from OR's baseline to set up the winning play from the sideline. I thought it was a great catch by Garner. Both teams played well in a great environment. I look forward to next Monday at OR.