2021-22 TN Rankings

cbg

Hunter will likely go down as the best wrestler ever from Heritage. Juan Hernandez was the last, and if my memory serves me well, the only individual state champ in Heritage school history. Hunter has a great chance to be a multiple time state champ by the time he’s done, he’d be in a league of his own for the record books up there. It also seems to run in the family, his little sister Ryleigh is a name you won’t forget either. 

So I went to the Cleveland match on Wednesday. The only match they lost was 145 and that was due to a forfeit all three times. Maryville, Jefferson County, and Howard were the opponents. The kid at 160 was impressive for a freshman at a big weight. The transfer at 182 from Texas is going to be a contender come February. He beat #4 from Maryville 9-2 I think. I am going to Bradley vs Baylor on Tuesday to watch the dual. Early season doesn’t mean a lot as obviously weights will change and there will be line up adjustments. 

16 hours ago, JIII said:

So I went to the Cleveland match on Wednesday. The only match they lost was 145 and that was due to a forfeit all three times. Maryville, Jefferson County, and Howard were the opponents. The kid at 160 was impressive for a freshman at a big weight. The transfer at 182 from Texas is going to be a contender come February. He beat #4 from Maryville 9-2 I think. I am going to Bradley vs Baylor on Tuesday to watch the dual. Early season doesn’t mean a lot as obviously weights will change and there will be line up adjustments. 

#4 was from Jefferson County and it was 9-5 and Jeff County also pinned their 220. 

On 11/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, JIII said:

It's amazing how Cleveland can always find a hammer to come in and fill a big hole in the line-up.  

On 11/26/2021 at 9:03 PM, grumpyoldman said:

It's amazing how Cleveland can always find a hammer to come in and fill a big hole in the line-up.  

You are so correct about Cleveland always being able to fill a hole in their lineup.  I am sure that with Cleveland being one of the top teams in the country they receive calls almost daily about kids wanting to transfer into the program.  

• Like 2