Boyd Buchanan 2022

BoydBuchBacker

7 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

The guys around the corner.  Ryan.  You get to stomp a mud hole in us in a few weeks…want to trade coaches?:roflol:

oh, man.  you guys used to be the powerhouse.  I guess it's part of the cycle.  

I am wondering if that game is going to remain.  the LA m a x preps (why can't we say this?) schedule also has a game with franklin road academy the same day.  

Edited by theawesomebro

On 7/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, oldfaithful said:

I could not agree with you more on points 1 & 2. 

I think your answer to #2 is Ralph Potter. As long as he is there, AND WINNING, then the academic side of the house won't be an issue. Winning cures all. 

This run of success from McCallie seems to have forced Baylor to step their game up a bit. Kimrey's track record is impressive though. He might have Baylor competing for championships. 

I will take my leads from Reaction. He seems to be pretty confident in the direction they are going. Plus, Booger is pretty plugged in with the happenings in Chatt town.  

I’ll keep you up to date. Guys are working hard. Excited to see what 2022 brings. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:04 AM, cbg said:

Not trying to be disrespectful but there is absolutely no comparison between Boyd and McCallie or Baylor when it comes to money, facilities or academic reputation. 

100% agree. The athletic facilities at Baylor & McCallie are closer to SEC level than they are to Boyd.
Brainerd HS is across the street from Boyd & they will get more of their ‘better than average’ guys, but Baylor & McCallie will continue to get the bulk of the DI talent (major exception would be a non-academic qualifier for Baylor/McCallie). Probably will get kids from Tyner & Norte Dame feeders too, but won’t win many battles with the Big 2.

Edited by bradley86
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bradley86 said:

100% agree. The athletic facilities at Baylor & McCallie are closer to SEC level than they are to Boyd.
Brainerd HS is across the street from Boyd & they will get more of their ‘better than average’ guys, but Baylor & McCallie will continue to get the bulk of the DI talent (major exception would be a non-academic qualifier for Baylor/McCallie). Probably will get kids from Tyner & Norte Dame feeders too, but won’t win many battles with the Big 2.

Who said we are the same? I need to catch up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

people forget that up til 3 years ago .....the Suck Creek Raiders and Ted Turners school had only 2 gold balls between them in the history of both campus's......not sure why everyone thinks they are both the go toos of all go toos

...but for sure them Tornadoes have been killin it the last 3 years.....gonna be fun to see what them Church of christers over at the North Brainerd levee swamp do in the next couple years for sure

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

people forget that up til 3 years ago .....the Suck Creek Raiders and Ted Turners school had only 2 gold balls between them in the history of both campus's......not sure why everyone thinks they are both the go toos of all go toos

...but for sure them Tornadoes have been killin it the last 3 years.....gonna be fun to see what them Church of christers over at the North Brainerd levee swamp do in the next couple years for sure

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Excellent post!

34 minutes ago, reaction said:

Bucs got some good work in vs Ridgeland this past Friday. Love the discipline this team is showing. Jamboree is next vs McCallie and Ooltewah.

Any input on the teams overall attitude. Are they walking with a little bit more swagger? Developing a toughness? 

Will be curious to see the type of Offense you guys will be running this yea as well. Looking forward to the Jamboree. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, oldfaithful said:

Any input on the teams overall attitude. Are they walking with a little bit more swagger? Developing a toughness? 

Will be curious to see the type of Offense you guys will be running this yea as well. Looking forward to the Jamboree. 

Rankin isn’t going to let us beat ourselves . Last year we had a lot of unforced penalties. That won’t happen this year or you won’t play. Everyone has to do there job. Tonight will be fun. 

• Like 1