Boyd Buchanan 2022

BoydBuchBacker

16 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

So how long til Rankin can get Boyd at the same level of Dilfer's Mustangs or Martin's Lions? 

Not going to happen anytime soon!  Achieving the success of TD at Lipscomb will take some time and lot’s of money if it ever happens.  Let’s be honest and say that Trent was and still is household name with high school football players due to his Elite Eleven QB camp.  That alone has helped Lipscomb recruit on a national level.  Just imagine what Trent could do at a boarding school like Baylor.  I am surprised that with the financial resources at Baylor they didn’t hire TD when they were searching for a coach.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Not going to happen anytime soon!  Achieving the success of TD at Lipscomb will take some time and lot’s of money if it ever happens.  Let’s be honest and say that Trent was and still is household name with high school football players due to his Elite Eleven QB camp.  That alone has helped Lipscomb recruit on a national level.  Just imagine what Trent could do at a boarding school like Baylor.  I am surprised that with the financial resources at Baylor they didn’t hire TD when they were searching for a coach.  

from what I understand, he wasn't looking for a coaching job, but the job found him.  : )  his daughter was coming to lipscomb university to play volleyball.  also, I think it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with honoring his son that passed away when he was little.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks Rankin walking in the door means an immediate turnaround is mistaken. I believe he will be successful there but in time... and I'm not sure success for Boyd looks quite the same as it does for Dilfer.

Rankin is the best public school coach in the state,  but this is a different animal than 3A. He won't be able to out athlete most schools on his schedule like he's done in the past.

Not to mention -- he inherits a 4-6 team that got dominated in region play.  D2AA is tough now. I would argue that Lipscomb beats McCallie if they play last year. McCallie didn't have a guy as good as Broome or Richesson.

All that being said, I'm excited to see Rankin in the Chattanooga area! Welcome and congrats to the Bucs! 

• Like 1