TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

50 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Agree. The game plan was tremendous and Gleason wasn’t going to let Greenfield get many open looks from their 2 main shooters from outside.  I believe I only remember one “3”in the 2nd half by Greenfield,  but might be wrong on that. Anderson is definitely a player. 

42 minutes ago, Chewbaca said:

Gleason was the more aggressive team tonight. Greenfield didn’t have the players making shots that they had last week. Anderson was great tonight. The FT shooting down the stretch was good too. Dresden is going to have hands full and their not even a top team, wonder how they’ve got this far? 

I agree with both post here. This is a case where the best two teams are not making it out of Region. Dresden is a pretty good team, but the best two teams in the Region played tonight. No disrespect to Dresden because West is a great coach. He pulled the upset over Gleason in the District and shook things up.

Edited by pioneer42

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree with both post here. This is a case where the best two teams are not making it out of Region. Dresden is a pretty good team, but the best two teams in the Region played tonight. No disrespect to Dresden because West is a great coach. He pulled the upset over Gleason in the Region and shook things up.

Agreed. Dresden will be ready against Gleason. Curry one of the most underrated players in the area. Dresden has to be a favorite in the region in the years to come. 0 seniors

11 minutes ago, Tennesseepicks said:

Agreed. Dresden will be ready against Gleason. Curry one of the most underrated players in the area. Dresden has to be a favorite in the region in the years to come. 0 seniors

Dresden has a good team and they play hard, especially on defense. Their biggest weakness to me is that Curry(?) is the only ball handler on that team and she is very good….but when she has to keep the ball in her left hand and not allowed to go right…she’s not as strong. I’d be surprised if Gleason lets her go to the right much in the championship and wouldn’t be surprised to see someone on her full court defensively. 

I didn’t see any posts about last night’s game, but WV’s opponent went with the stall technique. Nothing exciting to report. We played man for about a quarter to generate points off of defense. One of our younger girls hit 3-4 threes in the 2nd half to blow it open. Good luck to GC this week and let’s take care of business and get to a Part 4. 

5 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I didn’t see any posts about last night’s game, but WV’s opponent went with the stall technique. Nothing exciting to report. We played man for about a quarter to generate points off of defense. One of our younger girls hit 3-4 threes in the 2nd half to blow it open. Good luck to GC this week and let’s take care of business and get to a Part 4. 

Nothing exciting to report between Gibson/Camden. It went about as expected. I think we will beat East Hickman in similar fashion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tennesseepicks said:

Correct. And if they jump on you early they can take the air out of the ball

….and evidently Gleason’s coach has them pretty disciplined too with their emotions too. From my angle, that was a very violent intentional foul against the Gleason girl & that could turned into a lot more in the 4th. Props to the cooler heads at that juncture. 

Awesome basketball atmosphere! Congratulations to Gleason on a big win, Gleason had a good game plan and hit some big shots.  Anderson showed why she’s a Miss Basketball candidate. Proud of our Lady Jackets, another great season. 

I’m picking Gleason to win the Gold Ball, they can beat Mckenzie. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Awesome basketball atmosphere! Congratulations to Gleason on a big win, Gleason had a good game plan and hit some big shots.  Anderson showed why she’s a Miss Basketball candidate. Proud of our Lady Jackets, another great season. 

I agree. Greenfield had a good year. Greenfield was still close even after Gleason hit big three after big three. It was Gleason’s night. Shot lights out in a hostile environment. 

31 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I don’t see Gleason beating McKenzie.  They are a step above everyone in this region.  Anything can happen on a given night but it would be a large upset.  Imo. 

Edited by GlassHouseBound