Loretta

Bulldog2396

13 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto beats Tupelo 61-44.  Heck of a game after a 2 hour drive and on gassed legs!

Karly was bodied all game, mostly uncalled, and she let that fuel her to 26 points.  Being frustrated only made her tougher and more determined.  Big game by a lot of our girls!  Ally with several big blocks and steals, cozart with some great minutes (she improves every game), tough play by Laney, Buttrum, and the Clifton sisters!  Just a heck of a showing when your outside shots weren't falling!

Good win for you guys. Tupelo had some big girls. Loretto is consistent on both ends. Very few lulls. In attack mode all the time. Can’t overplay either because they will back door you. Yeah refs called two on the floor fouls in a row on shooting fouls. Great win for y’all. Very athletic team equivalent to a good 4 A team here. 

Edited by pioneer42

Ally never seems rattled. And I’m proud of Laney on how she’s gotten more aggressive and battles. Coco has improved like you said. The Clifton girls bring it every game and I love how JB gets rebounds that she shouldn’t. Autumn is solid as a rock and Shelby will be a big addition once she settled in from missing all that time. Have to keep working and improving up until tourney time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Ally never seems rattled. And I’m proud of Laney on how she’s gotten more aggressive and battles. Coco has improved like you said. The Clifton girls bring it every game and I love how JB gets rebounds that she shouldn’t. Autumn is solid as a rock and Shelby will be a big addition once she settled in from missing all that time. Have to keep working and improving up until tourney time. 

Their ball movement is very impressive. Not just one but all can hit open girls. They have 3 different girls that play PG at times and they all handle the ball well. Hard to get to close guarding them because they back door you and make good cuts and good passes. 

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Pioneer, I meant to tell you that you're famous!  :-)

I saw one gentleman in a red pullover on the Loretto vs Summertown stream and figured that was you.  In camera view the majority of the game.  

I was 8 or 10 rows above Loretto’s bench. Didn’t wear GC gear last year. Thought I would this year to meet some of the Coacht gang. Lots of people asking about GC and just a good night. Lots of hospitality by all. Both schools have great fans. Lot of passion and basketball knowledge. Easy schools to to beat fans of. Great basketball place. 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I was 8 or 10 rows above Loretto’s bench. Didn’t wear GC gear last year. Thought I would this year to meet some of the Coacht gang. Lots of people asking about GC and just a good night. Lots of hospitality by all. Both schools have great fans. Lot of passion and basketball knowledge. Easy schools to to beat fans of. Great basketball place. 

yep, that was you then.

Great people in both Summertown & Loretto.  Glad you experienced that.  I'm sure the pullover sparked conversation from more than just CoachT folk.  A lot of us know a lot about GC in Lawrence County.

44 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

yep, that was you then.

Great people in both Summertown & Loretto.  Glad you experienced that.  I'm sure the pullover sparked conversation from more than just CoachT folk.  A lot of us know a lot about GC in Lawrence County.

Yeah talked to several that were pretty knowledgeable about GC. Gogold spotted me right off the bat. Was super nice. Met the Campbell’s and Jaychapman. Somebody from Loretto was telling me how good of player he was back in the day. Campbell’s grandad got a kick out of me knowing so much about his granddaughter I believe. Talked to him two or three times. GC keeps a good eye on the state especially Loretto and Summertown. I used to be more of a college football fan and still am somewhat, but would just as soon go watch a girls HS play day as anything. I thank the good Lord every day the blessings HS basketball has brought my family. It is actually surreal in a lot of ways and dreams that came true.  

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah talked to several that were pretty knowledgeable about GC. Gogold spotted me right off the bat. Was super nice. Met the Campbell’s and Jaychapman. Somebody from Loretto was telling me how good of player he was back in the day. Campbell’s grandad got a kick out of me knowing so much about his granddaughter I believe. Talked to him two or three times. GC keeps a good eye on the state especially Loretto and Summertown. I used to be more of a college football fan and still am somewhat, but would just as soon go watch a girls HS play day as anything. I thank the good Lord every day the blessings HS basketball has brought my family. It is actually surreal in a lot of ways and dreams that came true.  

I’m gonna brag just a little - I was leading scorer at Lawrence County ( I’ll show my age now ) from 1965 to 1998 and went to State my jr & sr year back when they were no classes and no 3 point line played at Vandy and the old Memphis Coliseum boy those were the days are you took your life in your own hands when went in for a layup in Loretto with the Walters boys waiting on you 

9 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I’m gonna brag just a little - I was leading scorer at Lawrence County ( I’ll show my age now ) from 1965 to 1998 and went to State my jr & sr year back when they were no classes and no 3 point line played at Vandy and the old Memphis Coliseum boy those were the days are you took your life in your own hands when went in for a layup in Loretto with the Walters boys waiting on you 

That is impressive. When I was young, there were several small schools in the county before consolidation: Gibson, Medina, Rutherford, Dyer, Yorkville, Spring Hill and boys and girls were strong. I grew up in Gibson and boys were popular. Don’t know what happened but when the consolidation happend the girls team went north and the boys kinda has not been successful. You would of thought the opposite.

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

That is impressive. When I was young, there were several small schools in the county before consolidation: Gibson, Medina, Rutherford, Dyer, Yorkville, Spring Hill and boys and girls were strong. I grew up in Gibson and boys were popular. Don’t know what happened but when the consolidation happend the girls team went north and the boys kinda has not been successful. You would of thought the opposite.

We played in old 21st district with Perry Co / I know you know that story but that was little before me - I was kinda like the Weathers at Loretto played w my brother and cousin ( the old Nashville Banner did a piece on us ) and called us the Chapman team - my brother keep getting mad at me for beating him down for the bunnies - but this is a Loretto post so that’s it for me know they don’t want hear from me 

11 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

We played in old 21st district with Perry Co / I know you know that story but that was little before me - I was kinda like the Weathers at Loretto played w my brother and cousin ( the old Nashville Banner did a piece on us ) and called us the Chapman team - my brother keep getting mad at me for beating him down for the bunnies - but this is a Loretto post so that’s it for me know they don’t want hear from me 

You have 1 that is playing now, number 3 right and you had 2 that has graduated right?? GC has had tons of star players daughters and granddaughters play as well as sisters on team. Weathers Family is amazing how many good players have played their at Loretto.