Gary Rankin has stepped down

HTV

8 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Best wishes to Coach Rankin on his retirement, Well deserved, I met him back in 1990 when he was building up the Murfreesboro Riverdale program. 

His first season at Riverdale, and the only season he failed to make the playoffs there. Went 10-0 the next season and never looked back. I met him in 1992 when he led his unbeaten team to Cleveland to face our unbeaten team in the 2nd Round. Man were the playoffs tough in those days! Riverdale beat us 26-14. The following week they traveled to play another unbeaten and top ranked Clinton and lost. That was Cleveland’s final loss before they started their 54 game winning streak. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Baylor just named former tight ends coach at South Carolina their head guy from what I'm understanding.

Baylor made a great hire! He has only been on USC’s staff two years. Prior to that he won 12 state titles at the Hammond School. Probably the most prestigious private school in SC. I would compare him to Carlton Flatt in Tennessee.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, chs1984 said:

His first season at Riverdale, and the only season he failed to make the playoffs there. Went 10-0 the next season and never looked back. I met him in 1992 when he led his unbeaten team to Cleveland to face our unbeaten team in the 2nd Round. Man were the playoffs tough in those days! Riverdale beat us 26-14. The following week they traveled to play another unbeaten and top ranked Clinton and lost. That was Cleveland’s final loss before they started their 54 game winning streak. 

Riverdale was a roadblock to Oak Ridge in 1993 and 1994. especially in 94, OR had a really good team, the best since the Championship season in 1991, but Riverdale was really good and athletic, and OR had to travel to the Boro as they always seemed to have to do and lost 28-7 there, the next week Riverdale won the State Championship.