Heritage hires former UT Coach Joe Osovet

54 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Getting chippy on The T. Just like most threads, a lot of talk until they actually line up and play. Maybe l missed it but is this new HC a teacher or did Heritage follow the trendy BHS program?

from what's been said, I do not know this 100%, he has a degree, but has never taught, but has 'intentions of teaching' 

anybody else seen the press conference? he addressed his offense, all of his connections both at the high school and college level, and putting together a staff from all over the country. he also addressed all the 'talk' on the internet. 

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

This has to be a record. There would be no way I could remember my password.

10years.png

I didn’t go away all those years. I followed Coach T the entire time but I was in a position where I felt making comments about teams in this area would have been inappropriate. Circumstances have changed and I jumped back in, particularly with the coaching changes at WB and HHS. I’m passionate about HS football in Blount County and want the best for these programs. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

from what's been said, I do not know this 100%, he has a degree, but has never taught, but has 'intentions of teaching' 

anybody else seen the press conference? he addressed his offense, all of his connections both at the high school and college level, and putting together a staff from all over the country. he also addressed all the 'talk' on the internet. 

The press release announcing his hiring mentioned he would be joining the staff full time this spring. If he is not a teacher there are other roles in the school he could probably fill. It obviously would be a huge advantage for him to be in the building. 

3 hours ago, BS101 said:

Oh baby there are some jealousy and hurt feelings on here.  People are are afraid this guy is going to be successful so they start rumors!  Thats awesome!!  It's pretty evident who the cry babies are on here!  Im pretty sure ole campack and ftbllfan23 are pretty related with both of them coming out of retirement since 2011 on this hire.  Keep that negativity up!  

No jealousy or hurt feelings here. I don’t have a vested interest in who they hire. I just want the best for the program and am skeptical this is it. 

Seems when people made jokes about Shad at WB it was all in good fun but doing so about this coaching hire makes you a “crybaby” and negative. 

2 hours ago, camppack said:

No jealousy or hurt feelings here. I don’t have a vested interest in who they hire. I just want the best for the program and am skeptical this is it. 

Seems when people made jokes about Shad at WB it was all in good fun but doing so about this coaching hire makes you a “crybaby” and negative. 

Yep you and your other account spreading lies!  Keep up that negativity and keep telling us your worried about the kids!  You are either worried he's going to be successful or your worried he's going to whip the team you are affiliated with!  You and you other account have already made more excuses for other coaches than I can count!  Keep making stuff up and hope people believe you!  

Edited by BS101

18 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Rumor is they offered him a 6 figure salary to take the job. Guess the AD/County Commissioner called in some favors and “found” some money laying around. Or maybe the mayor gave him a contract to build another field house. 

That would make him the 3rd highest paid football coach in the county and 5th highest paid overall coach. It’s not surprising. 

Couple of questions: Is the new coach certified to teach? AND Is Gruden available to help?

Best of luck to the mountaineers!

11 hours ago, BS101 said:

Yep you and your other account spreading lies!  Keep up that negativity and keep telling us your worried about the kids!  You are either worried he's going to be successful or your worried he's going to whip the team you are affiliated with!  You and you other account have already made more excuses for other coaches than I can count!  Keep making stuff up and hope people believe you!  

So you created an account to come on here and defend Osovet? Can’t figure out if you’re Robbie Bennette, Mrs. Osovet, or the guy who actually made the hire Scotty King? 

20 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

So you created an account to come on here and defend Osovet? Can’t figure out if you’re Robbie Bennette, Mrs. Osovet, or the guy who actually made the hire Scotty King? 

Been wondering the same thing myself (though I guess I shouldn't say that since they've implied Futbolffan2022 and I are related or the account is somehow a second account of mine.) BS101 created an account just after Hammontree leaves and every post seems to either defend Osovet or attack those who criticize or joke about the hire. 

People on this thread have just been expressing their opinions on the topic of the coaching situation at Heritage and sharing a little humor which is what this Coach T is all about. When someone turns the conversation from the topic (the new hire at HHS) to personally attacking others who post on the board they've crossed the line. If you disagree with someone's opinion, share your own, but don't attack others for having and sharing their opinion. 

I'm done reading and responding to anything from BS101, whomever they are.