Regions 6, 7, and 8-AAA

dmm88

Region matchups are SET. Pick your winners.

Region 6-AAA

Hardin County at South Side

South Gibson at Chester County

Liberty at Lexington

McNairy at North Side

Region 7-AAA

Obion County at Haywood

Covington at Crockett County

Munford at Dyer County

Dyersburg at Ripley

Region 8-AAA

Wooddale at Fayette-Ware

Raleigh Egypt at Ridgeway

Bolton at Melrose

Hamilton at Millington

21 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Region matchups are SET. Pick your winners.

Region 6-AAA

Hardin County at South Side

South Gibson at Chester County

Liberty at Lexington

McNairy at North Side

Region 7-AAA

Obion County at Haywood

Covington at Crockett County

Munford at Dyer County

Dyersburg at Ripley

Region 8-AAA

Wooddale at Fayette-Ware

Raleigh Egypt at Ridgeway

Bolton at Melrose

Hamilton at Millington

6-AAA S. Side,S.Gibson,Lexington and N.Side.   7-AAA Haywood,Crockett County,Munford and Dyersburg  8-AAA F-Ware,Raleigh Egypt,Melrose and Millington 

Edited by 802Tomcat
Typo

Can only provide educated evidence on Region 6 AAA after having seen each team at least twice.

Rd 1:

South Side - odds on favorite to take Region Title. Wins big over Hardin County at the Hawks Nest in opening round

Medina (SG) will win on the road at Chester County in Rd 1. Inside, their big guy is a grown man at 16 yrs old. 6'3", 240 lb beast that can run the floor, rebound like a mad man & takes high percentage shots in the post.

North Side is just too much for McNairy & takes the W at home. Guard play that can shoot the 3 from the parking lot.

Liberty vs Lexington: I'm torn on this one. Lexington won District 12. But the district is decidedly not the same basketball talent as District 11. Liberty is streaky. If they were playing in District 12, they could easily been at least runner up in D12. But they play two AP Top 10 ranked teams in D11. (SS & NS) But in a 51-49% vote on my heart strings, Liberty completes the sweep for District 11.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

South Side - North Side - South Gibson - Lexington (this one may be closer than most think and Liberty can win it)

Haywood - Covington - Dyer County - Dyersburg (Ripley can def win this game. this Coach dancy needs another year to get them ready for post season)

Fayette Ware - Ridgeway - Melrose - Millington ( Bolton may get melrose and Hamilton may surprise Millington but I doubt it)

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Side - North Side - South Gibson - Lexington (this one may be closer than most think and Liberty can win it)

Haywood - Covington - Dyer County - Dyersburg (Ripley can def win this game. this Coach dancy needs another year to get them ready for post season)

Fayette Ware - Ridgeway - Melrose - Millington ( Bolton may get melrose and Hamilton may surprise Millington but I doubt it)

I agree with all your picks and comment. Speaking specifically about the Ripley/Dburg game, Dburg has not been playing well for a couple weeks so I can definitely see Ripley winning this one. All depends on which Dburg team shows up. They are definitely jekell and hyde!

58 minutes ago, Dash said:

I agree with all your picks and comment. Speaking specifically about the Ripley/Dburg game, Dburg has not been playing well for a couple weeks so I can definitely see Ripley winning this one. All depends on which Dburg team shows up. They are definitely jekell and hyde!

I saw Dyersburg a couple of times this year. They have all the parts to make a run. Bigs, length, and guards that can shoot it. Plus they play really good defense. 

18 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I saw Dyersburg a couple of times this year. They have all the parts to make a run. Bigs, length, and guards that can shoot it. Plus they play really good defense. 

Dyersburg should be front runner to win region but you don’t know what team is going to show. Coaching has been suspect this year. Play your best players !

3 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Dyersburg should be front runner to win region but you don’t know what team is going to show. Coaching has been suspect this year. Play your best players !

Agree with you on this. Dburg has all the parts needed to make a run. Really did not understand the rotation of the substitute, Coaching being suspect is a very kind way to put it and was reflected in some reactions from players in moments on the floor that were game changers. 

19 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Agree with you on this. Dburg has all the parts needed to make a run. Really did not understand the rotation of the substitute, Coaching being suspect is a very kind way to put it and was reflected in some reactions from players in moments on the floor that were game changers. 

I have been saying this for years about the coaching.  It’s holding the program back.