Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

2 hours ago, strongx said:

The better officials won’t let a game reach a point where so many players get thrown out at one time that both teams must forfeit. You’re a nut.

Does this happen if the officials call a tighter game? You know, maybe, maybe not. But let me tell your something I DO know.

Does this happen if:

The players keep their cool: No.

The players don't try to fight: No.

The players stay on their respective benches: No.

The teams show better sportsmanship: No.

The coaches control the bench: No.

Need I go on? Folks like you need to wake up and quit trying to throw blame on officials for "lOsInG cOnTrOl Of ThE gAmE" when in reality the problem is the players/coaches/parents/fans don't know how/refuse to conduct themselves properly or have good sportsmanship. Cause if you don't, in 40 years there won't be any officials to call games, and you'll be sitting at home on Tuesday nights with your thumb up you butt trying to figure out who to blame.

Edited by crazzyness
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

I agree totally with crazyness.  Society try’s to make excuses for everyone. 
Kids and adults need to be held accountable for their actions.  Period 

Exactly. Easy to blame one. Look at the whole entire picture. A bunch of people did things that weren’t perfect. 

Coming from a bunch of mediocre refs. What is the purpose of the refs being out there if it is not to keep such crap from happening?

Throwing out 20 kids at one time to cause a double forfeit is cRaZy.

Maybe this too was the parents fault?

Edited by strongx

42 minutes ago, strongx said:

Coming from a bunch of mediocre refs. What is the purpose of the refs being out there if it is not to keep such crap from happening?

Throwing out 20 kids at one time to cause a double forfeit is cRaZy.

Maybe this too was the parents fault?

What planet are you from where you think it's a referee's job to control a player's actions and bad sportsmanship? That has nothing to do with officiating. That has to do with coaching, that has to do with character, that has to do with being able to keep ones emotions in check. NONE of which are an officials responsibilities. Officials don't control a player's/coach's bad behavior. Player's/coach's control a player's/coach's bad behavior. It's that darn simple. 

The purpose of officials is, to the best of their ability, enforce the rules of basketball as prescribed by the NFHS (one of which states that ANY player leaving the bench area during a fight/altercation is to be ejected.) 

Maybe if there were less folks in the world, like you, who attempt to pass blame onto others instead of holding people accountable for there actions, there'd be less garbage like this happening in high school sports. Yet, here we are. Thanks a bunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Was the official near the scorers table in California when the incident occurred? He was about 5 seconds too late to showing up to the party. And the official that was on the baseline, I’ll be waiting on the day for you to get in there and break up the “fight.” Only sad thing is, I’ll be waiting for a long time. The official that was on the far side, kudos to you to charging in.  But the two officials that decided to take a break while some altercation is still going on, why? What were y’all doing?

I understand “bench” players went on the floor, but let’s not sit here and acted like they had a role in the “fight.” Yes, rules and rules. But not every rule in the rulebook is meant to be enforced? How many times have we past a cop while speeding and not got pulled over? How many times have we witnessed a cop going at least 15 MPH over in a non-emergency situation?  

This game should not have been called. They have 100 seconds left in the game. Throw the 2-3 players out (or the players that played a “legit” role into the “fight”) and keep the game moving. Officials, don’t sit back and collect numbers, it looks bad.

This year, basketball season has been an embarrassment throughout the state. The officials ejected 24 players in this game. Did all 24 players participated in this “fight”? No…

But the TSSAA has this stupid rule where it’s an “automatic” suspension, so they can’t sit here and stabbed those officials in the back by not suspending the players. Truth is, it’s March, and we got to keep players in the game (ones that didn’t get into the “fight.”) In my opinion, the coaching staff and all the other adults did the best they can to get there as fast as they can. No one can predict a fight on a basketball court. This is total overreaction by the state, and despite what the rule book says, ejecting 24 players was uncalled for by the officiating crew.

I mean, number 21 (or 24) for black and 10 for white, they didn’t do anything. But hey, they’re bad boys because they stepped on the court when they weren’t supposed to. And now, they’re in timeout. Number 10 was just getting his exercise in, shame on you!!

Edited by TryNotToSuck

5 hours ago, crazzyness said:

What planet are you from where you think it's a referee's job to control a player's actions and bad sportsmanship? That has nothing to do with officiating. That has to do with coaching, that has to do with character, that has to do with being able to keep ones emotions in check. NONE of which are an officials responsibilities. Officials don't control a player's/coach's bad behavior. Player's/coach's control a player's/coach's bad behavior. It's that darn simple. 

The purpose of officials is, to the best of their ability, enforce the rules of basketball as prescribed by the NFHS (one of which states that ANY player leaving the bench area during a fight/altercation is to be ejected.) 

Maybe if there were less folks in the world, like you, who attempt to pass blame onto others instead of holding people accountable for there actions, there'd be less garbage like this happening in high school sports. Yet, here we are. Thanks a bunch.

It sounds like the officials are the ones passing blame. If it is not the officials responsibility to control a players/coaches bad behavior, then why are technical fouls available for them to use? Techs aren’t only to be used after a fight breaks out and players “leave the bench”. 

To be clear my beef is not with enforcing the rules during the “fight”. Maybe we can agree on that. I simply believe the officials could have prevented it from occurring by tightening up the calls during the game and having one or two ejections at some point instead of 20 at one time. Every elbow thrown in a basketball game doesn’t result in both benches emptying and both teams forfeiting. The elbow/throw down was the proverbial last straw in a game that was too chippy. Maybe the officials were assigned from an area where the competition isn’t as intense and it got away from them. Regardless, congrats to Bearden for another region championship. Lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

I agree totally with crazyness.  Society try’s to make excuses for everyone. 
Kids and adults need to be held accountable for their actions.  Period 

That's fine. Show the video where a punch was thrown or the part where FHS had bench players on the court. 12 never threw a punch and neither did anyone from WB. The video and the refs report don't match up to being the same. So accountability is held when the information is accurate. 

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Was the official near the scorers table in California when the incident occurred? He was about 5 seconds too late to showing up to the party. And the official that was on the baseline, I’ll be waiting on the day for you to get in there and break up the “fight.” Only sad thing is, I’ll be waiting for a long time. The official that was on the far side, kudos to you to charging in.  But the two officials that decided to take a break while some altercation is still going on, why? What were y’all doing?

I understand “bench” players went on the floor, but let’s not sit here and acted like they had a role in the “fight.” Yes, rules and rules. But not every rule in the rulebook is meant to be enforced? How many times have we past a cop while speeding and not got pulled over? How many times have we witnessed a cop going at least 15 MPH over in a non-emergency situation?  

This game should not have been called. They have 100 seconds left in the game. Throw the 2-3 players out (or the players that played a “legit” role into the “fight”) and keep the game moving. Officials, don’t sit back and collect numbers, it looks bad.

This year, basketball season has been an embarrassment throughout the state. The officials ejected 24 players in this game. Did all 24 players participated in this “fight”? No…

But the TSSAA has this stupid rule where it’s an “automatic” suspension, so they can’t sit here and stabbed those officials in the back by not suspending the players. Truth is, it’s March, and we got to keep players in the game (ones that didn’t get into the “fight.”) In my opinion, the coaching staff and all the other adults did the best they can to get there as fast as they can. No one can predict a fight on a basketball court. This is total overreaction by the state, and despite what the rule book says, ejecting 24 players was uncalled for by the officiating crew.

I mean, number 21 (or 24) for black and 10 for white, they didn’t do anything. But hey, they’re bad boys because they stepped on the court when they weren’t supposed to. And now, they’re in timeout. Number 10 was just getting his exercise in, shame on you!!

It's not an official's job to break up fights.  In fact, many sports other than football where they have tons of referees, refs are encouraged to step back from altercations so that they can see as much as possible.  

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Season has been an embarrassment throughout the state. The officials ejected 24 players in this game. Did all 24 players participated in this “fight”? No…

Hey moron, that's not an TSSAA rule. Flagrant for leaving the bench is a National High School basketball rule.

In the Video, I can see WB leave the bench.  Referee's report says the F left the bench and was at midcourt.  I imagine the only reason they didn't get further was that it was a short altercation.  That's what the third ref would have been looking at btw.

Yes, this situation sucks.  But it wasn't the ref or TSSAA's fault.  It's an embarressment that y'all are acting like it is.