Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

Just now, JohnnyUtah said:

It is a win, because they can end the season on the court competiting as opposed this. 

Farragut will be with two Varsity players on the Court and then JV players against Bearden and then either DB or Science Hill.  Should get the JV some experience but wouldn't call it a Win

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Stay tuned that part is under appeal as well. 

So appealing the appeal?  Have you seen the letter from TSSAA about the appeal yet?  I don't see the TSSAA overturning the two game thing unless there is video evidence of other players not leaving the bench other than the Two they already said didn't.

https://twitter.com/5StarPreps/status/1499476322506186754/photo/1

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, strongx said:

Why would all the players on the court be ejected? Were they supposed to run to the bench when the shoving started?

That is a great question since the rule states players leaving the bench no matter if they participated in a fight  are hit with a flagrant foul and a DQ, but how do you get one if you are a player on the floor that didn't participate in it?  I agree with you @strongx.  In my opinion this wasn't a fight and more of a pushing match between two competitive teams

I just have a hard time with this.

Player A, started a "fight" and apparently throws an elbow or punch and is involved in a disturbance that delayed the game.

Player B, didn't participate in the "fight." No harm whatsoever. He's just minding his own business (example #32 for black).

It's tough to sit here an say Player B probably has the same punishment as Player A. It doesn't sit well with me. 

For an official(s) to eject a total of 24 players in this game. That official better have two things correct. Those two things are for the following:

1) Correct players for both teams, including jersey numbers. Three officials to find out who the 24 players "participated" in this and eject each one is tough to believe.

2) Have an accurate reasoning and description as to why each player was ejected.

If they don't get the first reasoning correct, which AD Cupp alluded to, then they automatically don't have the second reasoning correct.

I understand the "can't be on the court" is a rule. But it's not a safety rule or anything, the rule is in place to prevent another "Malice in the Palace." And that didn't come close to reaching that level, and it wasn't a "fight" in my book. Kudos to the adults  for stepping in and doing their job. 

We're going to look at this video 3 months from now and sit here and say, "ejecting 24 players for that was just stupid."