AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The York vs GC will be a battle.   That is not a definite win for GC and I really like the way GC plays.  York needs to shoot well to win the game but they have the talent to win this game.  The Beaty x2 vs. Hart x2 matchup will be fun to watch.  

Westmoreland is the best defensive team in the tournament.  Alcoa will have problems scoring enough to win.   I just don’t know if the Eagles can get past Westview.  Especially if they shoot it like they have been recently.  

The best defensive team up there will be westview.  Maybe in all classes.  That zone is a headache for opposing teams.  They have completely shut down two of the best offenses in double in loretto and Gibson county in each game they’ve played. 

57 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

The best defensive team up there will be westview.  Maybe in all classes.  That zone is a headache for opposing teams.  They have completely shut down two of the best offenses in double in loretto and Gibson county in each game they’ve played. 

If Westmoreland and Westview both play each other, it may be first team to 20 wins. Both of those teams are phenomenal on the defensive end of the floor. Westmoreland plays slow and under control and is one of the best defensive teams across the state as is Westview.

Edited by GCPioneer

AA state tournament got the raw end from TSSAA's redistricting.  The decision to give Memphis 3 AA districts made it possible for a couple of solid (not great) teams to play in Murfreesboro this week.  I still like the decision to go to 4 classes and the kids/coaches/fans from Riverside and Scotts Hill will love this experience.  The 4 classes will end with 4 excellent teams winning state championships.

GP over Scotts Hill by double digits

GC over York in a really good game

Westmoreland over Alcoa in the closest game of the first round.  This one could go the other way as Alcoa's size could be a lot for Westmoreland to handle

Westview over Riverside by 20+

1 hour ago, maddams said:

AA state tournament got the raw end from TSSAA's redistricting.  The decision to give Memphis 3 AA districts made it possible for a couple of solid (not great) teams to play in Murfreesboro this week.  I still like the decision to go to 4 classes and the kids/coaches/fans from Riverside and Scotts Hill will love this experience.  The 4 classes will end with 4 excellent teams winning state championships.

GP over Scotts Hill by double digits

GC over York in a really good game

Westmoreland over Alcoa in the closest game of the first round.  This one could go the other way as Alcoa's size could be a lot for Westmoreland to handle

Westview over Riverside by 20+

If Alcoa is hitting that 3, they are tough

• Like 1

19 hours ago, logcabinman said:

If Alcoa is hitting that 3, they are tough

12 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Agreed 

Alcoa has the tools to do a lot things....Can shoot the 3....Has a dominant post player and several role players.

I would not count them out. 

The only thing that Alcoa needs to improve on is eliminating turnovers - though I think McMinn Central's defensive pressure prepared Alcoa quite well for what Alcoa will face with state competition.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:10 PM, GCPioneer said:

If Westmoreland and Westview both play each other, it may be first team to 20 wins. Both of those teams are phenomenal on the defensive end of the floor. Westmoreland plays slow and under control and is one of the best defensive teams across the state as is Westview.

Loretto played both teams and Westview has the better defense in my opinion, but Westmoreland is very good.