AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You don’t do that BS. Refs made sure who won the game.

No guarantee Gibson County would have won without technical.  They were still down two at that point.  I understand the frustration but lots of other plays in that game beside a technical.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

No guarantee Gibson County would have won without technical.  They were still down two at that point.  I understand the frustration but lots of other plays in that game beside a technical.

True. Congrats to York. Congrats to GC on a great run.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

York is a good team. No disrespect to them either. You just don’t make that call. 

There's only a few people in a basketball game that should always be able to fully control their emotions, that's the referees.  Refs get worse and more emotional with each passing year.  I have a hard time believing that Wilkins said anything that warranted that tech in that situation.  I felt the same way with the stoppage of play call by the ref in the Loretto WV game (when the game was tied at 23).  Neither of these two calls lost the game for GC or Loretto, but both led to a huge momentum swing contributing to the loss.  Ref's just have to be better, but at the same time, we have to execute better to not let that be a deciding factor.

I hate that y'all had to go out like that, but big props to York for putting themselves in a position to be able to capitalize off of it.  Clutch ball handling, ball movement, Defense, and FT's late.