AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

GP doesn't match up well wit WV..  Only saying if Alcoa plays perfect because of the combo of guard and bigs..   In all honesty, I don't think either stand a chance.

You may be right but they will have to play better than they are right now.  Alcoa, GP and York beat Riverside by 30 if they played.   Most likely Westview pulls away 2nd half.  If Haskins would have pressed a little it would already be a blowout.  I wouldn’t be too confident in Westview winning it all.  

3 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Double digits? Maybe next year.

Lol takes a real good one to show up after a win and start talkin.   I stated if the team

tbat played at summertown showed up it would be double digits, if not it might be close.  Clearly it didn’t and it was close and York pulled it out. Congrats to York. The tech was huge.  I sure hope it was warranted to make that call at that stage.  

16 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Lol takes a real good one to show up after a win and start talkin.   I stated if the team

tbat played at summertown showed up it would be double digits, if not it might be close.  Clearly it didn’t and it was close and York pulled it out. Congrats to York. The tech was huge.  I sure hope it was warranted to make that call at that stage.  

He is still mad because he got handled up here by GC in 2020. Been upset ever since. 

Edited by pioneer42

56 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

GP doesn't match up well wit WV..  Only saying if Alcoa plays perfect because of the combo of guard and bigs..   In all honesty, I don't think either stand a chance.

The same thing was said last year when they almost lost to Meigs the first game and then they lost to Granger the next game. I thank any of the four teams left could win it. 

3 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

The same thing was said last year when they almost lost to Meigs the first game and then they lost to Granger the next game. I thank any of the four teams left could win it. 

I agree any left can..  but; imo, if WV plays to the best of their ability, no team left will beat them.  and if they play average, it will take a great game by any of the other 3 left.

Lets all be real here... i realize some of you are upset about the officials but York got the shaft in the first half also. Foul count was 2 GC - 7 York. Foul count in the 2nd half (if i remember correctly) was 12 GC - York 5... BUT most of the GC fouls came late in the game putting them on the line... The officials were not the cause for the game ending the way it did... And also the Tech... Do i agree with it? No, absolutely not but it was not game changing... York was up by 2, GC hit 2 FTs to tie it and York hit theirs so it evened out in the end... Don't see how that changes an outcome... Could it have been officiated better? Of course, as with any game. But to take credit away from the team that won and blame it on officials is just a bad look. GC has a great team and much respect to them it was a great game to watch and both teams battled hard until the end!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YorkPride21 said:

Lets all be real here... i realize some of you are upset about the officials but York got the shaft in the first half also. Foul count was 2 GC - 7 York. Foul count in the 2nd half (if i remember correctly) was 12 GC - York 5... BUT most of the GC fouls came late in the game putting them on the line... The officials were not the cause for the game ending the way it did... And also the Tech... Do i agree with it? No, absolutely not but it was not game changing... York was up by 2, GC hit 2 FTs to tie it and York hit theirs so it evened out in the end... Don't see how that changes an outcome... Could it have been officiated better? Of course, as with any game. But to take credit away from the team that won and blame it on officials is just a bad look. GC has a great team and much respect to them it was a great game to watch and both teams battled hard until the end!

Yeah we hit our two and it would have been tied with two minutes left There was never another possession played out after that without us having to foul. Where do you get it didn’t have an effect on the game?? What did you think about the the ball hitting the official out of bounds and we kept playing?? I will give York credit for playing a good game. You saying the tech had no effect on the game is such a homer comment. Tied with 2 minutes left vs down 4 is a little different. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we hit our two and it would have been tied with two minutes left There was never another possession played out after that without us having to foul. Where do you get it didn’t have an effect on the game?? What did you think about the the ball hitting the official out of bounds and we kept playing?? I will give York credit for playing a good game. You saying the tech had no effect on the game is such a homer comment. Tied with 2 minutes left vs down 4 is a little different. 

It had no effect on the game due to the game still having the same score even after the FTs... GC didnt have any points in the 4th quarter until around 2 minutes left in the game... is that the officials fault too for you all missing shots? Anyways, The official is technically a part of the floor. If the ball is still in bounds while its hitting an official it is still in play from my knowledge of the rule (someone feel free to correct me if im wrong). There's no reason to be as upset as you are right now and calling people names. Yall have a great team and had a great year... im sure you all will be back next year as well... Just give credit where credit is due is all I'm saying because these girls deserve it. It just not a good look blaming officials for a loss when it wasn't officiated very well both ways.

10 minutes ago, YorkPride21 said:

It had no effect on the game due to the game still having the same score even after the FTs... GC didnt have any points in the 4th quarter until around 2 minutes left in the game... is that the officials fault too for you all missing shots? Anyways, The official is technically a part of the floor. If the ball is still in bounds while its hitting an official it is still in play from my knowledge of the rule (someone feel free to correct me if im wrong). There's no reason to be as upset as you are right now and calling people names. Yall have a great team and had a great year... im sure you all will be back next year as well... Just give credit where credit is due is all I'm saying because these girls deserve it. It just not a good look blaming officials for a loss when it wasn't officiated very well both ways.

Official was out of bounds when hit him. I am not letting go. We have more pride in our program than letting an idiot decide it. I do realize it is not your girls fault and they played well, but I am not letting go of a clown call that took us down. The official beat us. It was not decided on the floor. Let’s be clear here. That is what’s wrong with this system. People let it go. You are very happy because you was the recipient of this clown.

Edited by pioneer42