Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

1 hour ago, FormerMav said:

Who is Willie? 

AC has some nice players but like last year  they are one of two injuries away from .500 just like last year. 

As far as stirring the pot, if the kids do something that gets hidden by the adults what message did that send?  Every kid down there knows what happened.  Students were passing the video around until the athletic director threatened to expell any student caught with it.  

Regardless of who you are, one thing that is not allowed on coach T is bashing kids. Whether or not it’s true is irrelevant. I know nothing of the situation but airing a kids dirty laundry is not allowed on here. I advise you to please drop it. 

@CoachT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Regardless of who you are, one thing that is not allowed on coach T is bashing kids. Whether or not it’s true is irrelevant. I know nothing of the situation but airing a kids dirty laundry is not allowed on here. I advise you to please drop it. 

@CoachT

Edited by FormerMav
Deleted , point was made

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

@CoachT

Thank You Big purple! Lott's of Class. Well this usually happens for many reasons IMO. It tells me the Mavs might be doing something Great!

No kids bashing! The kids are what this football site is all about. Good job BigPurple !

Mavs are loaded and will have to wait and see just how good they are. I think they are prepared for injuries too! 

Mavs have a good feeder program and I think they may be ready to reload for once if they get any injuries. I would not even bring up Injuries unless it is a selfish cruel thought.

Go Mavs!

• Upvote 1

Mavs hosted Stone Memorial last night. for about an hour and half.  The crowd was enormous for a scrimmage.  Huge rain came and ended it early, but the varsity got plenty of looks from a much improved SM team.  The Mavs started with special teams.   Mav kickers blasted them into the endzone, and used two punters, who both put out 50 plus yard punts that were not returnable.  You can tell they have put some time into the special teams as they were very well organized  compared to SM specials.  Return games were dead, but the Mavs looked sharp and they had several returners who looked very athletic.  Defensively, lets start up front, as the Mavs looked big and rolled in 6-8 big body kids there.  They did a very good job giving the LBs a lane to make tackles.  Davis is a headrocker, he punished backs in the middle and made several big hits tackle to tackle.  Moog, Meier, and Miller all made impact plays and several really big hit tackles last night.   The secondary was led by Russell, Braden, Allen, and Cole, but the Mavs seemed to be rolling secondary guys in all night. They have a lot of kids that can play back there.  Israel Small is a safety, and he lights the candle when he comes down to stop the run game.  He hit several big hits on RBs off tackle.  Offensively, Martinez threw the ball very well.  He hit his targets all night, and the Mavs had 2 incompletions all night.  Larue and Moog split time at RB and combined for over 100 yards.  Martinez hit Miller, West, Allen for tds I think, and Cody Miller scored on a long run as well.  Down and distance drives with the chains looked really good against a good SM team.  They have gotten better since the last time I saw them.   Noe and Vowell did not play to keep them from injury.  Moog and company made the run game go, and Braden Miller and co caught almost every ball.  Mavs are headed to DB next Friday,  it should be another great night to scrimmage.  

8 hours ago, olhickory said:

Mavs hosted Stone Memorial last night. for about an hour and half.  The crowd was enormous for a scrimmage.  Huge rain came and ended it early, but the varsity got plenty of looks from a much improved SM team.  The Mavs started with special teams.   Mav kickers blasted them into the endzone, and used two punters, who both put out 50 plus yard punts that were not returnable.  You can tell they have put some time into the special teams as they were very well organized  compared to SM specials.  Return games were dead, but the Mavs looked sharp and they had several returners who looked very athletic.  Defensively, lets start up front, as the Mavs looked big and rolled in 6-8 big body kids there.  They did a very good job giving the LBs a lane to make tackles.  Davis is a headrocker, he punished backs in the middle and made several big hits tackle to tackle.  Moog, Meier, and Miller all made impact plays and several really big hit tackles last night.   The secondary was led by Russell, Braden, Allen, and Cole, but the Mavs seemed to be rolling secondary guys in all night. They have a lot of kids that can play back there.  Israel Small is a safety, and he lights the candle when he comes down to stop the run game.  He hit several big hits on RBs off tackle.  Offensively, Martinez threw the ball very well.  He hit his targets all night, and the Mavs had 2 incompletions all night.  Larue and Moog split time at RB and combined for over 100 yards.  Martinez hit Miller, West, Allen for tds I think, and Cody Miller scored on a long run as well.  Down and distance drives with the chains looked really good against a good SM team.  They have gotten better since the last time I saw them.   Noe and Vowell did not play to keep them from injury.  Moog and company made the run game go, and Braden Miller and co caught almost every ball.  Mavs are headed to DB next Friday,  it should be another great night to scrimmage.  

OlHickory that is a tremendous scouting report. The Mavs are loaded (locked and loaded). The Mavs are going to rock this year. So much talent is incredible!

Go Mavs!