2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Is Cascade having a spring game this year? Richland's senior group last year was one of the best to come through the school and they didn't make the playoffs. The QB was their top returning player. Summertown's #24 will be back. He's listed as a top LB prospect  in the state.  I would have sworn he was a senior last year. @vandyfan1  ?  Mt. Pleasant is the dark house again this year. Some good players return and they had tough luck with injuries in 2021. 

Unfortunately no spring game scheduled that I am aware of… Finally start hitting tomorrow. I agree with everything you wrote-it will be an uphill battle for Richland now and Mount Pleasant is loaded with small college talent. Cascade plays them early in the season again-when they are likely to be injury free and filled with high expectations for their season so it’s definitely a dangerous game…#24 is back from what I can tell—also #2 who was fast on the reverse for several td’s 

9 minutes ago, junglefan said:

I would love to see MP make a run for 1st or 2nd in the region. We will beat Richland, Loretto, and Summertown and will compete with Cascade and Forrest but with that being said we have a curse. all athletics have struggled under the current Administration  with all their hype, hashtags, and annual coaching changes. look for football to break that streak this fall. Go Tigers

Have enough talent for sure 

I pick MP to be good every year, and every year they bomb. Not doing it this year. 

Forrest won R4 in 2015 and 2016 when Eagleville was still good and the region had Watertown and Westmoreland. 

They won it in 2019 when Lewis was there and good. 

The 2021 region win was the least impressive in Forrest history. I'll still pick them to win again this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

I pick MP to be good every year, and every year they bomb. Not doing it this year. 

Forrest won R4 in 2015 and 2016 when Eagleville was still good and the region had Watertown and Westmoreland. 

They won it in 2019 when Lewis was there and good. 

The 2021 region win was the least impressive in Forrest history. I'll still pick them to win again this year. 

Why do you think MP "bombs" every year? We played them early last year, and they looked a little unorganized, but loaded with talent and size...I expected them to be tough by the end of season, but judging from their scores, they went backward in a big way.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, tradertwo said:

Why do you think MP "bombs" every year? We played them early last year, and they looked a little unorganized, but loaded with talent and size...I expected them to be tough by the end of season, but judging from their scores, they went backward in a big way.

Last season they had some key injuries and the questionable decision to play 5A Columbia Central right before the region home stretch hurt them. They were a shell of the team you saw in week 2 at season's end. 

21 hours ago, Salem said:

Last season they had some key injuries and the questionable decision to play 5A Columbia Central right before the region home stretch hurt them. They were a shell of the team you saw in week 2 at season's end. 

I figured something on that order, or a coaching exodus...they were way too good to tally the results that they wound up with.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm calling it right now. Cascade, 2022 2A State Champs

You have been called a lot of names on this board but prophet may stick with you after this call…. I did not want to mention it, but we have some eligibility issue swirling but if everything falls into place, I will be the second to predict a state championship :-)

On 3/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Richland 2 and Mt Pleasant 3 or 4. Cascade the other playoff team. Summertown doesn't care about football. Loretto is barely more than a group of young farm boys from the 1800s.  

Big talk from a guy who’s team only won 13-7 last year. AT THEIR PLACE. With Loretto having 2 starting lineman out. And was driving late to win and had a couple dropped passes. But I could be mistaken, I’m just a farm boy from the 1800s