Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

On 11/20/2022 at 10:25 AM, BallIsLife1 said:

Definitely agree Upperman is the favorite. That's a well coached bunch of girls. Down here in West Tn, Coach McNeal over at South Side always runs a good program and I was happy to see them make a deep run last season. He returns a good group so I couldn't talk AAA without them.

We are definitely trying to get back there! We have unfinished business to take care of! 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

This is a good post, but I am confused. Is this a Middle Tn comment or a AAA comment? How do you mention all those middle tn/upper cumberland teams, add South Gibson, and not mention the runner up from the past season who only loss by 5 and returned 5 of their top 7 or 8? Heard they could have easily beaten Munford by 50, but one official had a say in that.

And if it wasn’t for a god awful ref we would have been them by fidddy foreal! It was 20 fouls(them) to our 8 on the night. Their point guard had. Probably 18 points, 14 of them from free throws! It was terrible in Munford officiate Eilert was freaking terrible! I heard he was banned in the Memphis organization & came to the West Tn organization smh 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

And if it wasn’t for a god awful ref we would have been them by fidddy foreal! It was 20 fouls(them) to our 8 on the night. Their point guard had. Probably 18 points, 14 of them from free throws! It was terrible in Munford officiate Eilert was freaking terrible! I heard he was banned in the Memphis organization & came to the West Tn organization smh 

South Side is excellent defensively, but because of the way South Side defends - tight, physical - they are going to have nights where they are called for a lot of fouls. Will always depend on the officiating crew.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

South Side is excellent defensively, but because of the way South Side defends - tight, physical - they are going to have nights where they are called for a lot of fouls. Will always depend on the officiating crew.

Look at the draw they had last year: Greenville, Page and Upperman. Upperman lost 1 great player I know. We played them this summer and their guard play will have to get better. Their young talent is really good and they may get it but they have some work to do. Greenville will probably be good. Elizabethton, Creekwood, South Gibson…..Will be interesting. South Side will be a handful I will assure you. Their defense will keep about every game in the single digits even if they are off way off offensively. Will be interesting for sure.

Edited by pioneer42

I believe SS and Upperman could have a rematch in the state tournament this year.  Page has looked impressive early and Greenville along with White County also have been playing good basketball. Upperman plays in the toughest district with White County and the region has Page in it where other teams have a much easier path to the glass house.  It will be a very interesting season with good basketball

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Look at the draw they had last year: Greenville, Page and Upperman. Upperman lost 1 great player I know. We played them this summer and their guard play will have to get better. Their young talent is really good and they may get it but they have some work to do. Greenville will probably be good. Elizabethton, Creekwood, South Gibson…..Will be interesting. South Side will be a handful I will assure you. Their defense will keep about every game in the single digits even if they are off way off offensively. Will be interesting for sure.

Will you r present this Friday & Saturday? I look forward to y’all’s tournament every year. 

15 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

I believe SS and Upperman could have a rematch in the state tournament this year.  Page has looked impressive early and Greenville along with White County also have been playing good basketball. Upperman plays in the toughest district with White County and the region has Page in it where other teams have a much easier path to the glass house.  It will be a very interesting season with good basketball

Greeneville will have a big challenge this Saturday when they play At Bradley Central. I hope that the Lady Greene Devils can stay with the Bearettes. 

1 hour ago, Greenecounty said:

Greeneville will have a big challenge this Saturday when they play At Bradley Central. I hope that the Lady Greene Devils can stay with the Bearettes. 

I believe they can stay with them but this Bradley team might be the best one in last seven years.  Strong, can shoot, defend, deep, and athletic at all positions.  

10 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Will you r present this Friday & Saturday? I look forward to y’all’s tournament every year. 

Yes sir I will be there. Ought to be some fun games. GIbson County and South Side always a lot of fun. Y’all tell them girls to eat an extra plate or two of turkey and dressing on Thursday. Lol. Just joking. If your there I will come and meet you. Look forward to it.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yes sir I will be there. Ought to be some fun games. GIbson County and South Side always a lot of fun. Y’all tell them girls to eat an extra plate or two of turkey and dressing on Thursday. Lol. Just joking. If your there I will come and meet you. Look forward to it.

We need y’all to not shoot us out the gym lol. It will definitely be a good game like always. I say somebody wins by 2-5 points, I don’t know who will win. Ok I look forward to playing & finally meeting you 

39 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We need y’all to not shoot us out the gym lol. It will definitely be a good game like always. I say somebody wins by 2-5 points, I don’t know who will win. Ok I look forward to playing & finally meeting you 

I look forward to it. I predict we will be a better team later in the year. We have three players that are playing a bunch that didn’t play last year. 1 SO, 2 FR. They are talented but inexperienced so you never know. It will be a big challenge for us no doubt. Tip off is at 4:00. TCA/Covington is at 2:30. They changed times because of Covington football. Win or lose it will be good for our girls and y’all’s as well. One of the best games in the state each year.