Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

9 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I would bet it has to do with parents work or family move. As good as McKenzie is I would doubt someone would move their kid from a solid 1A school in middle Tn to another one in McKenzie just for football. 

As hard as it is for some of us to believe ( me included sometimes) there are people whose world doesn’t revolve around high school football.

I really don't know the reason, but from what I have been hearing, he will help tremendously. 

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I would bet it has to do with parents work or family move. As good as McKenzie is I would doubt someone would move their kid from a solid 1A school in middle Tn to another one in McKenzie just for football. 

As hard as it is for some of us to believe ( me included sometimes) there are people whose world doesn’t revolve around high school football.

That would definitely be an over the top move, even if they were leaving a program without a shot at having an outstanding season. I could understand factoring in the programs within a reasonable distance of whatever made the move a necessity however, and McKenzie is one of the odds on favorites to be in the title game. Wouldn't it be a classic for the kid and his family if McKenzie and Gordonsville met for all the marbles!?!

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That would definitely be an over the top move, even if they were leaving a program without a shot at having an outstanding season. I could understand factoring in the programs within a reasonable distance of whatever made the move a necessity however, and McKenzie is one of the odds on favorites to be in the title game. Wouldn't it be a classic for the kid and his family if McKenzie and Gordonsville met for all the marbles!?!

I have already thought about that.  I will eventually get the scoop of how he came to West Tennessee.  I am guessing family, or job change.  

37 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I would say good chance it could happen. Peabody will be tough though. 

I’m going to make a few pre season predictions… South Pitt will be the clear favorite in the East, my sleeper team in the East is whitwell, I don’t think they will have the fire power to compete with the pirates this year but here soon they will compete again. I think the semi finals in the East will be South Pitt and Coalfield. The west I’m not sure how everyone is looking but I know it’s tough to predict with all the fire power but in my opinion it should be Mackenzie or Peabody. 

10 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I’m going to make a few pre season predictions… South Pitt will be the clear favorite in the East, my sleeper team in the East is whitwell, I don’t think they will have the fire power to compete with the pirates this year but here soon they will compete again. I think the semi finals in the East will be South Pitt and Coalfield. The west I’m not sure how everyone is looking but I know it’s tough to predict with all the fire power but in my opinion it should be Mackenzie or Peabody. 

Keep thinking that.

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Oh no.Surely McKenzie didn't offer his parent a job to get him to move there.

No need to plant that seed in anyone's head.  When I said job, I was actually referring to one of the many factories we have in Carroll County.  Granges is hiring left and right, so it would not surprise me at all if that was the case. 

4 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

No need to plant that seed in anyone's head.  When I said job, I was actually referring to one of the many factories we have in Carroll County.  Granges is hiring left and right, so it would not surprise me at all if that was the case. 

I am sure you were just kidding by the way.

4 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Could even be further away...lots of folks drive an hour to work, and I'm not discounting the fact that parents will go to great lengths to put their kids in the best position to succeed that's possible. I was just noting that nobody in their right mind would relocate the distance from Gordonsville to McKenzie in order for their kid to change schools. I do have it on good authority that WHEN IT'S NECESSARY to relocate, parents with school aged children factor their school of choice heavily into the community they choose to move into.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, TheCommander said:

Have you taken a look to see what Gordonsville returns? I believe the pirates will have a good team however Gordonsville has a veteran team and should be really good. 

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Have you taken a look to see what Gordonsville returns? I believe the pirates will have a good team however Gordonsville has a veteran team and should be really good. 

They could be but they’ve been overhyped, they need to prove it. Quarterfinals is great but they need to make the jump to get me believing.