Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Apparently, we have a kid that has moved in from Gordonsville.  I haven't got his name or seen him yet but a couple of the boys saying he is legit.  Right tackle is what I am hearing. 

Did you go to the 7 vs 7 with Milan a couple of weeks ago?  I didn’t and thought maybe you could offer some feedback. I heard you guys put it on us pretty good in the 7 vs 7 but we dominated the linemen challenge portion. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Did you go to the 7 vs 7 with Milan a couple of weeks ago?  I didn’t and thought maybe you could offer some feedback. I heard you guys put it on us pretty good in the 7 vs 7 but we dominated the linemen challenge portion. 

I did not.  At our skill positions, we should be as good as last year.  Our line is a concern.  Losing Hatley, Hudson, and Moon will hurt.  We got some big ole boys, but we are talking sophomores with not a lot of playing time.  They should get a lot of minutes in the first 10 games before we hit the playoffs, so they will be a little seasoned by then. 

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I did not.  At our skill positions, we should be as good as last year.  Our line is a concern.  Losing Hatley, Hudson, and Moon will hurt.  We got some big ole boys, but we are talking sophomores with not a lot of playing time.  They should get a lot of minutes in the first 10 games before we hit the playoffs, so they will be a little seasoned by then. 

The west side in 1A should be fun. McKenzie the clear cut favorite this year! (Enjoy having the target on your back) Fayetteville will be tough, Lake County has a ton returning, and Peabody losing most of their skill guys. Dresden will also be in the mix. I feel 1A this year out west will be tougher than 2A. We will see, can't wait to see how it will play out.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, thunderbolts said:

The west side in 1A should be fun. McKenzie the clear cut favorite this year! (Enjoy having the target on your back) Fayetteville will be tough, Lake County has a ton returning, and Peabody losing most of their skill guys. Dresden will also be in the mix. I feel 1A this year out west will be tougher than 2A. We will see, can't wait to see how it will play out.

1A has been stronger than 2A at the top for the most part since 2010. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, pioneer42 said:

Lake County, Peabody and McKenzie will all be good around here. Will be interesting. Look forward to it. 

I agree. Think McKenzie is at top,then Lake Co and Trenton.Not saying Trenton won't win.Could be a toss up.And think I'd put Dresden in the mix.

11 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie did have a kid move in from Gordonsville who will help on the line.  That is the only one for sure I know who is new to the Rebels.  A lot of days between now and November so anything can happen. 

A spy!

He will definitely help McKenzie on the D-Line

11 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie did have a kid move in from Gordonsville who will help on the line.  That is the only one for sure I know who is new to the Rebels.  A lot of days between now and November so anything can happen. 

McKenzie and Peabody should battle it out this year.I believe Lake will be a little behind those two.  In the east it looks like Gordonsville should have their best team in a really long time and I would say SP will be their only potential team that stands between them and Chattanooga. Why would a kid leave Gordonsville with what they have returning?  Was he just buried in the depth chart at Gordonsville?

18 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

McKenzie and Peabody should battle it out this year.I believe Lake will be a little behind those two.  In the east it looks like Gordonsville should have their best team in a really long time and I would say SP will be their only potential team that stands between them and Chattanooga. Why would a kid leave Gordonsville with what they have returning?  Was he just buried in the depth chart at Gordonsville?

I would bet it has to do with parents work or family move. As good as McKenzie is I would doubt someone would move their kid from a solid 1A school in middle Tn to another one in McKenzie just for football. 

As hard as it is for some of us to believe ( me included sometimes) there are people whose world doesn’t revolve around high school football.