Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

10 minutes ago, rlh said:

McKenzie was plenty good.  It’s just that all the people calling for a 44 point route in the title game were highly hallucinating.

I can assure you that I was not one of those calling for a 44 point route.  I knew that game was going to be tough, and that we would would have to play near flawless.  You can't fumble twice (well, one of them the ball was just taken out of our hands), and expect to win. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I can assure you that I was not one of those calling for a 44 point route.  I knew that game was going to be tough, and that we would would have to play near flawless.  You can't fumble twice (well, one of them the ball was just taken out of our hands), and expect to win. 

The turnover battle is key in the playoffs. You don’t get deep in the playoffs without being really good. Peabody turned it over 4 times against McKenzie in the semifinals. You lose the turnover battle most likely you lose the game. Not an excuse, just facts!!

1 hour ago, thunderbolts said:

The turnover battle is key in the playoffs. You don’t get deep in the playoffs without being really good. Peabody turned it over 4 times against McKenzie in the semifinals. You lose the turnover battle most likely you lose the game. Not an excuse, just facts!!

100% agree.  

5 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

And will be good again this year. 

This is a really good Mckenzie team and in my opinion they will need to get it done this season because they will lose maybe the best class in the history of McKenzie football. 

24 minutes ago, 1983 said:

This is a really good Mckenzie team and in my opinion they will need to get it done this season because they will lose maybe the best class in the history of McKenzie football. 

100% Agree. It will be different this year, because McKenzie is now the team with the target on their backs. You might not think that is a big deal, but everyone out west is now gunning for them. Whether you believe me or not, a championship mentality has already started for some of these teams. Will everyone within a given program make all the sacrifices everyday to accomplish the ultimate goal. It is very difficult to do this when you are the hunted instead of the hunter!!

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

This whole class of athletes at McKenzie is special, from all of our sports.   I will say this.  We won't miss a beat at QB when Jackson Cassidy graduates.  I think Cassidy is the best QB I have seen at McKenzie.  I have seen Hayes, Carr, Arnold, Surber, and I am sure I am missing some.  I have been here since 1991.  With that being said, we got another one coming behind Jackson who has a chance to top them all. 

37 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

100% Agree. It will be different this year, because McKenzie is now the team with the target on their backs. You might not think that is a big deal, but everyone out west is now gunning for them. Whether you believe me or not, a championship mentality has already started for some of these teams. Will everyone within a given program make all the sacrifices everyday to accomplish the ultimate goal. It is very difficult to do this when you are the hunted instead of the hunter!!

The Rebels are well aware.  I am sure Dresden, Cornersville, Fayetteville, and especially Trenton has them circled. Going to be fun.  

19 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

This whole class of athletes at McKenzie is special, from all of our sports.   I will say this.  We won't miss a beat at QB when Jackson Cassidy graduates.  I think Cassidy is the best QB I have seen at McKenzie.  I have seen Hayes, Carr, Arnold, Surber, and I am sure I am missing some.  I have been here since 1991.  With that being said, we got another one coming behind Jackson who has a chance to top them all. 

Oh I agree I think Surber is going to be the next great QB at Mckenzie but he will not have near the supporting cast after these seniors graduate.  

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

The Rebels are well aware.  I am sure Dresden, Cornersville, Fayetteville, and especially Trenton has them circled. Going to be fun.  

It was incredible last year not only in football but basketball and baseball between McKenzie and Trenton. It is a special group of young men on both sides. I feel both sides represented both towns tremendously and there is much respect between the kids. At least for these seniors on both sides I feel they have pushed each other to reach their highest potential. It is going to be a lot of fun watching them compete this year. Hopefully we can have a repeat of this past year. Semifinal in football, State tournament quarterfinal in basketball, and state tournament semifinal in baseball. Absolutely incredible accomplishment!!

On 6/28/2022 at 7:44 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Did you go to the 7 vs 7 with Milan a couple of weeks ago?  I didn’t and thought maybe you could offer some feedback. I heard you guys put it on us pretty good in the 7 vs 7 but we dominated the linemen challenge portion. 

I did, and your line did better than ours. However Cheney and Latimer both Seniors were not there for some reason. They will anchor our line for sure. Our skilled position players edged y'alls out I believe. To your teams credit you had one Wr. that stood out. He was very built, and caught 3 TDs I believe. He has good hands, and will be tuff to tackle for small Dbs.