Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

12 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I have seen a few parts of practices now in my neck of the woods. I’ve seen enough to say that the teams in 1A are likely to be..

McKenzie, Peabody, Gordonsville, Lake County, Fayettevile, Dresden, So Pitt, Clay County, Cornersville, and Coalfield. That would be my 10 best in that order. 

Good list. Lake County has a real chance to win the region 7A title this year. The Peabody game will decide the winner of the region. I do think it will be a very good game.

I received McKenzie's roster earlier this week.  We have 40 players listed on the roster which is about normal for us.  As usual, thin on experience on the offensive line with only 2 returners coming back.  Jose Luna is a senior but was injured the majority of last year, so he possibly could be a third returner.  The transfer from Gordonsville will fill the gap on one of the losses from graduation.  We have some good size in the freshman and sophomore class, but just lack experience.  We are solid on skill players as everyone knows. We have speed in the backfield, and are solid at the wideout positions.  Defensively, we return a solid 7 with a couple others who received significant playing time last year. 

We will know more after this Friday as McNairy will come to us. 

10 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I received McKenzie's roster earlier this week.  We have 40 players listed on the roster which is about normal for us.  As usual, thin on experience on the offensive line with only 2 returners coming back.  Jose Luna is a senior but was injured the majority of last year, so he possibly could be a third returner.  The transfer from Gordonsville will fill the gap on one of the losses from graduation.  We have some good size in the freshman and sophomore class, but just lack experience.  We are solid on skill players as everyone knows. We have speed in the backfield, and are solid at the wideout positions.  Defensively, we return a solid 7 with a couple others who received significant playing time last year. 

We will know more after this Friday as McNairy will come to us. 

Your QB caused SP the most problems in Chattanooga.

23 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Good list. Lake County has a real chance to win the region 7A title this year. The Peabody game will decide the winner of the region. I do think it will be a very good game.

I would think that you guys as well as the others in the west I named are loaded. The gold ball should go back west this year. 

Looks like the west might have added another strong contender. Mase high school out of Memphis benefited from MAHS closing down. From an article I read stated that Mase high school got 15 starters from MAHS closing down. If so they will be very strong. MAHS gave Westview the 2A state champ all they could handle in the 2nd rd last year. If this article is correct then Mase should be very good this season.

46 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Looks like the west might have added another strong contender. Mase high school out of Memphis benefited from MAHS closing down. From an article I read stated that Mase high school got 15 starters from MAHS closing down. If so they will be very strong. MAHS gave Westview the 2A state champ all they could handle in the 2nd rd last year. If this article is correct then Mase should be very good this season.

I would think so if they have 15 starters.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

DING DING, Should not be allowed. Memphis just needs to get out of the TSSAA and just play amongst themselves.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

What time is Westview scrimmage tomorrow