Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

20 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I really don't think Trenton will beat LC this year.May be wrong

Bigster, I wouldn't sell Peabody short. They return their entire line and quarterback that I know of. Peabody will have skill players that will step up at running back and receiver. They will be strong upfront on both sides of the ball. They are also very well coached. LC has the skill players to match anyone in 1 or 2A. The question for LC will be the offensive and defensive lines. If LC can hold their own on the lines then I like the Falcons chances. I do think the two teams will play twice and expect the gap between the two teams talent level has closed. McKenzie will be scary good. Fayetteville will also be very good. Dresden will be in the mix. The one thing I do know is whoever goes to Chattanooga from the west will be battle tested.

18 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bigster, I wouldn't sell Peabody short. They return their entire line and quarterback that I know of. Peabody will have skill players that will step up at running back and receiver. They will be strong upfront on both sides of the ball. They are also very well coached. LC has the skill players to match anyone in 1 or 2A. The question for LC will be the offensive and defensive lines. If LC can hold their own on the lines then I like the Falcons chances. I do think the two teams will play twice and expect the gap between the two teams talent level has closed. McKenzie will be scary good. Fayetteville will also be very good. Dresden will be in the mix. The one thing I do know is whoever goes to Chattanooga from the west will be battle tested.

100% Agree! Lake County will be very good. McKenzie is the team to beat, how they handle all the pressure that goes with having the target on their back will be interesting to watch for. Fayetteville will also be very good with Dresden chopping at everyone’s heels.

7 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

Not going to say much, but Peabody returns 8 offensive starters and 6 defensive starters. Offensively they lost the Ganaway twins and Meadows ONLY. Remember most games are won in the trenches and Peabody returns 4 offensive lineman. Not taking anything away from Khalik, but those lineman made some huge holes for him to run through. That group is all back, with the younger Meadows replacing his older brother. The younger Meadows is bigger than his brother. It should be a warning that you are not hearing much from Trenton. Those kids have gone back to work and honestly from what I have seen this could be the best Peabody team in this current run over the last 10 years.

The line did a good job at opening up holes but ganaway did a better job of outrunning defenses. He regularly took what should've been 3-5 yard gains and turned them into 30+ yard tds. Also I don't take it as a warning I'm not hearing much from Trenton. Kinda seems like the opposite. 

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I may be wrong but think LC has too many weapons on offense.Cant key on Day Day.

As of right now I have LC over Peabody. I just don't know enough about the kids at Peabody who will be put in such big offensive roles. And day day should be the region MVP 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I'm not selling them short.Youd know more about LC than probably most anyone.Im banking the line s will be ok and think Trenton losing 3 or 4 talented players will make a difference.Their qb is very good.Im wondering if they have that stud running back this year.

20 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

The line did a good job at opening up holes but ganaway did a better job of outrunning defenses. He regularly took what should've been 3-5 yard gains and turned them into 30+ yard tds. Also I don't take it as a warning I'm not hearing much from Trenton. Kinda seems like the opposite. 

I agree.We may be wrong but we shall see.

9 hours ago, mrbigster said:

As for youth players,LC has some good looking youth players.Good soph qb,a soph running back,Chamberlain that could start for lot of Single A teams and saw a heck of a middle school running back,think he's a Gross.Going to be a freshman.And last year I saw a 6th grader that was a running back that looked to be about clise to 200 lbs .Future is bright

I was impressed with what Lake County put on the field last year. They were solid. Just didn’t have no depth. We will see. Ought to be very interesting. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, mrbigster said:

I'm not selling them short.Youd know more about LC than probably most anyone.Im banking the line s will be ok and think Trenton losing 3 or 4 talented players will make a difference.Their qb is very good.Im wondering if they have that stud running back this year.

So y’all have Westview this Friday??? Peabody and USJ I heard will be August 5th at Peabody. Wonder who Peabody has this week?? If I was guessing I would say Crockett County. I heard South Gibson has Ripley. You guys and Westview would be fun to watch.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So y’all have Westview this Friday??? Peabody and USJ I heard will be August 5th at Peabody. Wonder who Peabody has this week?? If I was guessing I would say Crockett County. I heard South Gibson has Ripley. You guys and Westview would be fun to watch.

I just hope LC has a good showing and gets some good work in. Hope no injuries for both teams.