William Blount 2022

26 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Dang, that means we'll be one of the first to try it out then, if WB stays in Region 1 anyway.  I prefer grass fields myself.  But I guess turf causes less injuries and it's the trend everyone seems to be heading in.  Daniel Boone and David Crockett switched to turf this season.  Sullivan East, Volunteer and Cherokee last season.

So…$1M plus for turf on a field with a life expectancy of 10-15 years. 5 games a year would be 50-75 total games for that cool mil. I may need some rithmatik help but that seems kind of crazy especially knowing you are gonna need a few hundred grand to “reseed”. The programs might be better served by bringing NIL to high school. 

12 hours ago, strongx said:

So…$1M plus for turf on a field with a life expectancy of 10-15 years. 5 games a year would be 50-75 total games for that cool mil. I may need some rithmatik help but that seems kind of crazy especially knowing you are gonna need a few hundred grand to “reseed”. The programs might be better served by bringing NIL to high school. 

I don't understand the $4M price tag.  There's got to be more "stuff" than just turf included in that price tag.  Maryville's & Alcoa's turfs were nowhere near that amount.

Edited by OldRebel2