William Blount 2022

18 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

Apparently the Carter scrimmage was a big mess. Carter never gave WB a straight format and so there were times where Carter’s starters were playing against WB Freshman team. And nobody, not even the refs knew, if they were playing 10 plays each or going down and distance like normal football. 

How does that happen. Couldn't the WB HC say let's put who we want in and don't worry what the other team is doing. It's not like a game where you have charged time out etc. Especially if the refs don't know what is going on. Just say hold on and get the players in you want in. I thought the format for a scrimmage was decided before the start of the scrimmage?

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Big Jim made a good decision after the rebate scandal so he saw it less dangerous to him letting little Jimmy mishandle the quarterback situation in Cleveland. He also seen how Little Bill's Gas Tax Hike worked out. Now you can buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath pothole on Pellessippi Parkway so he'll be dealing with a bunch of Hockey from now on.

Dog the Haslams if you want to, but it will never come from me.  Big Jim was my little league baseball coach at a time in my life when my parents were going thru a nasty divorce and I needed some stability in my life.  Big Jim took an interest and helped give me that.  He's a dang fine man, and he's put literally hundreds of millions of dollars in to the local economy and provide the area with thousands of jobs over the years.  Dog him for caring too much, but dogging him otherwise is just plain misguided and uninformed.  

And Bill was a good governor during his tenure.  The state grew economically in a huge way while he was in office.  Bill is a good person, as well.  

Jimmy has always been the maverick of the family.  I'll just leave it at that.  

5 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

Apparently the Carter scrimmage was a big mess. Carter never gave WB a straight format and so there were times where Carter’s starters were playing against WB Freshman team. And nobody, not even the refs knew, if they were playing 10 plays each or going down and distance like normal football. 

110% false! Bad information. Format was discussed and agreed upon last weekend and confirmed through text on Friday early afternoon. I’ve seen direct communication between coaches showing BOTH parties agreeing on format. 

3 minutes ago, Carter1 said:

110% false! Bad information. Format was discussed and agreed upon last weekend and confirmed through text on Friday early afternoon. I’ve seen direct communication between coaches showing BOTH parties agreeing on format. 

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Dog the Haslams if you want to, but it will never come from me.  Big Jim was my little league baseball coach at a time in my life when my parents were going thru a nasty divorce and I needed some stability in my life.  Big Jim took an interest and helped give me that.  He's a dang fine man, and he's put literally hundreds of millions of dollars in to the local economy and provide the area with thousands of jobs over the years.  Dog him for caring too much, but dogging him otherwise is just plain misguided and uninformed.  

And Bill was a good governor during his tenure.  The state grew economically in a huge way while he was in office.  Bill is a good person, as well.  

Jimmy has always been the maverick of the family.  I'll just leave it at that.  

Can't agree with you any more about Big Jim but Jimmy is a different animal. I'll leave it at that.

38 minutes ago, Carter1 said:

It's that new world we're living in folks. Everything went wrong in my world also Friday. Nothing goes right anymore.

56 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

You didn't read my other message. I think the format they sent out got changed spontaneously once they delayed it 30 minutes. The refs had to leave at 9:00 so there's no way that what they agreed upon could have been executed. I know for a fact WB didn't know the format because they went for it and turned it over on downs on their own 20 when they were playing normal football.

The clock wasn’t on when they were doing the 10 plays each in the “1st quarter”.  Clock was then turned on in the “2nd quarter” for a normal football period. Did they not notice that obvious change? I even watched Carter coaches go over during that time and talk to WB coaches. Also, if WB was unclear on the format, why didn’t they stop the scrimmage and attempt to figure out the format? It’s a scrimmage not an actual game. Just doesn’t seem to add up! 

12 hours ago, Carter1 said:

The clock wasn’t on when they were doing the 10 plays each in the “1st quarter”.  Clock was then turned on in the “2nd quarter” for a normal football period. Did they not notice that obvious change? I even watched Carter coaches go over during that time and talk to WB coaches. Also, if WB was unclear on the format, why didn’t they stop the scrimmage and attempt to figure out the format? It’s a scrimmage not an actual game. Just doesn’t seem to add up! 

Exactly Carter 1. It's a scrimmage. Watched many where they were stopped for what ever reason. It's not a game that counts or where the officials have control. Well l haven't heard how any Carter scrimmages have gone? How are you all looking this year?

On 8/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, Red Rebels said:

I'd like to know how much Denso puts in. Maryville is the TN Headquarters of Denso, but it seemed like McMinn County and Bradley Central had a larger Denso presence at their football fields.  

Not much, they don't like the MHS nickname. Denso was the driving force behind the name change for the fall 5K

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oldrebel said:

Not much, they don't like the MHS nickname. Denso was the driving force behind the name change for the fall 5K

Yeah denso is going pc. They sent a bunch of bs out during "pride month" here in athens and basically forced on everyone. Even though most of the gay people that work there hide in the corner piddling on their phone and denso won't get rid of them bc of discrimination laws or whatever but they have probable cause bc they are more worried about replying to someone they are arguing with on social media then running a line as a team. Eventually I got so sick of it I said you know what put me in the non air conditioned 801 where the kelm is. The hardest and hottest part of the plant if they got assigned there they'd usually quit quickly.  And I can't believe denso thinks they have leveraging power over Maryville high school. Always been the mascot so tired of everyone forcing a change. 

4 hours ago, oldrebel said:

The day Maryville is forced to change that name the fan support will cut right in half. None of the problem causers don't even go to the football games or live out of town from all the past rumbles except for one. Opposing schools would love to see the wheels knocked out from under Maryville since they can't do it on the field.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Yeah denso is going pc. They sent a bunch of bs out during "pride month" here in athens and basically forced on everyone. Even though most of the gay people that work there hide in the corner piddling on their phone and denso won't get rid of them bc of discrimination laws or whatever but they have probable cause bc they are more worried about replying to someone they are arguing with on social media then running a line as a team. Eventually I got so sick of it I said you know what put me in the non air conditioned 801 where the kelm is. The hardest and hottest part of the plant if they got assigned there they'd usually quit quickly.  And I can't believe denso thinks they have leveraging power over Maryville high school. Always been the mascot so tired of everyone forcing a change. 

Most people tell me they hate their job at Denso and some have been there a long time saying it has gotten worse over the years and count down the days they have left like their being released from prison. No wonder their advertising on the high school football games for jobs. Back when they opened you had all kinds of test and now you walk in and if you can breath you start tomorrow at 3 pm.

• Upvote 1