Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

2 hours ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

How does Region 2 top 4 match up with Region 1 top 4?

Do you mean districts?  I'd say Cosby has the only chance to get a win over our 2, 3, or 4.  They've already been blown out by Hampton.   As for region, I feel only Oneida can beat Hampton, cland, or NG.  Coalfield,  Harriman and Midway are ok but I don't think they can win on the road at substate. 

Mmmmm. We've become a team very easy to defend.  Opposing coaches are gonna know who can't handle the ball.  Imo, every girl in the offseasons needs to develop a skill set on their own time. There's tutorials and drills all over social media.  Just about any girl can dribble and pass the ball around.  You have to have skill to create scoring opportunities.  Right now we have only one guard and one post who will drive the ball and score.  I feel we're going to be much better next season and the next two years.  We've got girls coming up who won't quit when their backs are against the wall.  

On 2/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, Backyardbbq15 said:

He may have to pull a few cheerleaders.  They have a bunch of them. Heard Univ High had to do that this year due to injuries mid way in season. It sure didn’t help any, but at least they got to continue to play. 

From what I saw tonight, NG has enough returning that they'll be pretty good next year. 

3 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Can Anyone put up a reasonable Argument for Her NOT getting the Miss Basketball Award in 1A this Season. 

I watched her tonight and while it wasn't her best game,  she still schooled Hampton's best players with beautiful floaters and ball skills.  4 of Hampton's players I consider above average and they had a hard time defending her.

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

Do you mean districts?  I'd say Cosby has the only chance to get a win over our 2, 3, or 4.  They've already been blown out by Hampton.   As for region, I feel only Oneida can beat Hampton, cland, or NG.  Coalfield,  Harriman and Midway are ok but I don't think they can win on the road at substate. 

I'm not sure where District 2 is having their tournament, but I believe Washburn is just as good as Cosby outside the Eagle's Nest. Cosby hasn't been playing their best ball the past few weeks, especially away from home. 

8 hours ago, crazzyness said:

I'm not sure where District 2 is having their tournament, but I believe Washburn is just as good as Cosby outside the Eagle's Nest. Cosby hasn't been playing their best ball the past few weeks, especially away from home. 

They are playing at Washburn so that will definitely help them. Ultimately, I see district 1 getting two teams to the region championship and possibly two at state if someone can go on the road and beat Oneida. 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

They are playing at Washburn so that will definitely help them. Ultimately, I see district 1 getting two teams to the region championship and possibly two at state if someone can go on the road and beat Oneida. 

I'm not sure why we played the half court game last night.  Or why we dribble around the top of the key hoping the defender would magically disappear.  #35 had it locked down inside.  I like NG against Hampton for the region.  It will be tough to go to Oneida.  They have a bunch of tough games under their belt including 2 against York. 

10 hours ago, crazzyness said:

They're close.  Judging from the schedule I think Cosby is a little better.  With the current state of our team, we could lose Monday night and on the road in the region.  I'm hoping we can snap out of this funk we're in and at least make it to the 27th.  One thing about unaka is I actually became fatigued watch him subbing those girls in and out.  I think the two freshmen should be left in there.  Dugger has potential.