Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

12 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'd like to say I'm proud of our girls putting up a fight tonight.  Taylor berry bailed out the dogs with a huge game. For real,  she couldn't miss.  Some misfortunes cost us in the 3rd and we just couldn't rally.  Big game by Blair, our freshman phenom.  Happy my girl got to go in and help out.  The future looks bright.  It'll be an interesting summer camp for us.  Best of luck to the lady dogs.  I do believe they'll go to the state tournament but carp better think about playing the half court game.  He's getting too many in foul trouble. 

That was prob the best game Berry has had. Cloudland fought hard.  Future looks good for them especially with Hampton moving up. 
Hate to see Ramsey’s high school career end  like it did. Unaka will be hurting bad next year. 

1 hour ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

That was prob the best game Berry has had. Cloudland fought hard.  Future looks good for them especially with Hampton moving up. 
Hate to see Ramsey’s high school career end  like it did. Unaka will be hurting bad next year. 

Agreed. Sad ending for Ramsey. Apparently she was just another game or 2 away from a 3,000 pt career. She’ll be missed for many years. A fabulously talented 1A player with an amazing career. Hopefully her success will continue at ETSU. I look forward to following her in College. 

6 hours ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Unaka would be lucky to beat UH without ramsey.  We were still pretty good without sahara and Izzy.  Its just my opinion that if they don't get hurt,  its cland and hampton in the finals.  The positive thing to come out of this is our younger players grew up because they had no choice.  

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Unaka would be lucky to beat UH without ramsey.  We were still pretty good without sahara and Izzy.  Its just my opinion that if they don't get hurt,  its cland and hampton in the finals.  The positive thing to come out of this is our younger players grew up because they had no choice.  

Good post. I remember saying weeks ago when Cloudland beat Hampton up at Cloudland that I hoped we could finish first and second in the district to avoid each other in the region however unfortunately that didn't happen. I'm calling it right now King, Cloudland goes to state next year and competes.

9 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I thought SG and Alcoa were the 2 best teams playing last night. Sad they met in the semifinals. 

It was a pick your poison situation for South Greene. I would have preferred Gatlinburg-Pittman last night for a slightly better matchup, but they beat Alcoa for the District championship.

Alcoa and G-P are two fine teams. It'll be a battle tomorrow night. Alcoa will really miss Macie Ridge as they move forward.

Edited by Americal198

2 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Good post. I remember saying weeks ago when Cloudland beat Hampton up at Cloudland that I hoped we could finish first and second in the district to avoid each other in the region however unfortunately that didn't happen. I'm calling it right now King, Cloudland goes to state next year and competes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  Our ability to shoot outside will have to significantly improve.  We're definitely gonna have the quickest group in school history.  The terror twins growth plates haven't closed yet so they are gonna grow stronger and faster.  They'll have to be ready to go for summer camps.  We're going to be shorthanded for awhile.  Izzy should be back by October but it may be after Christmas for Sahara.  Then there's the question of how They'll perform.  Three key players will be my girl Eowyn, layken, and our big post abby Clawson.  She is still learning but she'll have to turn the corner to be a presence for us inside.  Senior Ryan will have to lead us and hopefully when izzy gets back, we'll have that senior 1-2 punch. 

11 hours ago, dogtruth said:

That is great news. Since Hampton is moving to AA next year, I will definitely be a fan. IMO, championships are always won in the off-season anyway. It will be a privilege to watch them grow in the years to come. :thumb: 

Good luck today buddy.  You really need to host substate.  It'll be a given to make state.  If you go to Oneida, it's up in the air.  Next year will be tough because you'll be in a region with SG,  Alcoa, and GP.  It won't be impossible but it will be much tougher to make state in 2a. 

6 hours ago, THE KING said:

Good luck today buddy.  You really need to host substate.  It'll be a given to make state.  If you go to Oneida, it's up in the air.  Next year will be tough because you'll be in a region with SG,  Alcoa, and GP.  It won't be impossible but it will be much tougher to make state in 2a. 

Yes. It would be a huge advantage playing in the friendly confines of the  Vanhuss/White gymnasium for the Lady Dogs and also the boys team too. It's difficult to go on the road and win any substate game.

6 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Congrats Lady Dogs! Region Champions.

Congratulations.  You'll host a scrappy Harriman team but I think you'll win by 20+ at home.  Right now I'm pretty certain that clarkrange, Pickett, Oneida, Hampton, McKenzie and Wayne will punch their tickets 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Congratulations.  You'll host a scrappy Harriman team but I think you'll win by 20+ at home.  Right now I'm pretty certain that clarkrange, Pickett, Oneida, Hampton, McKenzie and Wayne will punch their tickets 

I will take both region 1 teams if Hampton is legit, Harriman is not very good and Oneida has been blowed out by every good team they have played and they lost to a not very good Kingston team.