South Greene 2022

blazer1set

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Thanks for the info but I already knew it Harley., we were going to trade film but instead we got the Grainger film. Gonna be hard to stop their running game. We'll have both hands full.

Sounds like SG did good against Crockett and NVA, and not no so good against GP.  SG’s going to try and pull a Steve Spurrier and run 2 QB’s until one separate’s themself as the standout front runner.  I see SG being competitive, but not as dominant this season, but who knows?   I’d expect DBoone  and Knox C to have a running clock before half.  I’m not being negative; being realistic.  I hope I’m wrong.  I do expect SG to grow and improve as the season progresses.   I think 2a 1r is wide open.   It’s gonna be an exciting year for HS football and looking forward to it.  :popcorneater:

Edited by Romansfive8

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, Romansfive8 said:

Sounds like SG did good against Crockett and NVA, and not no so good against GP.  SG’s going to try and pull a Steve Spurrier and run 2 QB’s until one separate’s themself as the standout front runner.  I see SG being competitive, but not as dominant this season, but who knows?   I’d expect DBoone  and Knox C to have a running clock before half.  I’m not being negative; being realistic.  I hope I’m wrong.  I do expect SG to grow and improve as the season progresses.   I think 2a 1r is wide open.   It’s gonna be an exciting year for HS football and looking forward to it.  :popcorneater:

I fully expect Boone's defense to keep SG in check all night (oops, all day).    The problem is that Boone's offense will struggle just as much unless SG's defense is really bad.    Everybody knows we are a (1) run...(2) run... (3) incomplete/pass... (4) punt  type of offense so it's not that hard to prepare for. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I fully expect Boone's defense to keep SG in check all night (oops, all day).    The problem is that Boone's offense will struggle just as much unless SG's defense is really bad.    Everybody knows we are a (1) run...(2) run... (3) incomplete/pass... (4) punt  type of offense so it's not that hard to prepare for. 

Hearing SG will be pretty tough again, Don't think them or us can hang with you guys, but both could be pretty good 2a teams.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:33 PM, Eaglefan19 said:

Went to the South Greene Scrimmage… They got delayed almost hour cause of big storm up there but they did finally scrimmage. GP starters scored once on big pass play and had some nice runs by the rb they have who is fast and shifty with first offense..  GP tried a lot of different formations and worked on passing game it looked like. SG first offense could not move ball at all against GP first defense… big difference without qb they had last year. Got stopped every series on down and distance. SG first team scored on GP backups and GP backups scored on SG backups … I expect both teams to have good years. Both play us this year. 

Eaglefan19 you must represent Seymour. You got PF fri. night jamboree, GP plays Sevier Co. Love to hear your take on both games. If you go.:thumb: 

eaglefan watched games. GP passes 80 percent of time but over throwing too much. 

sevierville won 14-0. Seymour has freshman lefty that can beat you has great pass blocking. PF wing t they can defend run thats what they practice, Dogs are known to run. Honestly GP and PF could lose. I am picking PF and GP to win openers  :mrgreen: