Defending Class 4A Champion Tullahoma Wildcats

On 7/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, ScottShasteen said:

Enough about whoever it is your talking about. This thread is about the Tullahoma Wildcats.

Yes, 22 seniors graduated. Did they all start? No. Multiple starters went both ways, sometimes starting and sometimes not. Since the Wildcats blew out most of their opponents, the younger players got a lot more playing time than would normally be the case. Sometimes they played over half the game.

Additionally, the upcoming classes have been in the same system and same weight training program as last year's seniors. I think they will do better than expected. Both coordinators return and keep an eye on the kicking game. It will be impressive.

I'm not predicting a region title for the Wildcats, but I do think they will be one of four playoff teams. I'm predicting 8-2 or 7-3 and maybe third in Region 5-4A.

Expect the same four teams; Pearl Cohn, Tullahoma, Marshall County, and Montgomery Central to go to the playoffs from this ridiculous nine-team region.

I'll go ahead and say that my first thoughts from the first few comments took me straight to the Gordonsville championship team from a few years back...they (ironically) graduated 22 seniors from that squad too. Point is that most everyone's preseason poll had them at #1, with the "they're the champs until someone beats them" mindset. I posed the question of who everyone thought would be in the running to meet at Cookeville for the gold ball the following year, and nobody said Gordonsville. Just goes to show you that everyone's opinion is dictated by how the question is framed, and that you can take them with a grain of salt.

One last thought...if you don't like the way people respond to your question, don't ask the question.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Giles must got a wipe…

They have a lot of talent down there man just gotta get back over the hump. I’ll put it this way if coach oc could get his hands on the talent that Pearl has gotten the past 5-6 years he’d have plenty of gold balls 

Edited by arshad221
  • Upvote 1

Tullahoma’s region should be pretty tough this year with what I think are 5 quality teams. I think they will finish between 3rd and 5th in the region this year. They lost more from the previous year than any team I can remember in Tullahoma history. Closest comparison for Tullahoma sakes is the 99 team with Dunlap, brinkley, etc and only returning about 6 starters or regular contributors in 2000.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, ScottShasteen said:

I'm opening the door of discussion about the upcoming season for the defending Class 4A state champion Tullahoma Wildcats.

They open the season at home against Shelbyville on Thursday, Aug. 18.

They have a new head coach in Coy Sisk.

They must play Marshall County, Pearl Cohn, and Montgomery Central on the road. All three were ranked in the Top 10 last year.

They lost 22 seniors and have a small but talented rising senior class.

Can they challenge for a third consecutive region crown?

Central lost 22 Seniors. 10 of 11 starters on defense and similiar numbers offensively.  This will be a rebuilding year for a relatively young team in a very tough region.

Just now, ScottShasteen said:

Just trying to keep you folks on track. Your minds tend to wander...

People could answer your question directly, and just type "Y E S" or "N O"...rather than that, they give explanations and remembered experiences that they reached their yes and no answers from. 

On 7/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, ScottShasteen said:

Enough about whoever it is your talking about. This thread is about the Tullahoma Wildcats.

Yes, 22 seniors graduated. Did they all start? No. Multiple starters went both ways, sometimes starting and sometimes not. Since the Wildcats blew out most of their opponents, the younger players got a lot more playing time than would normally be the case. Sometimes they played over half the game.

Additionally, the upcoming classes have been in the same system and same weight training program as last year's seniors. I think they will do better than expected. Both coordinators return and keep an eye on the kicking game. It will be impressive.

I'm not predicting a region title for the Wildcats, but I do think they will be one of four playoff teams. I'm predicting 8-2 or 7-3 and maybe third in Region 5-4A.

Expect the same four teams; Pearl Cohn, Tullahoma, Marshall County, and Montgomery Central to go to the playoffs from this ridiculous nine-team region.

I actually have Lawrence County getting in the playoffs. That program is beginning to rise again after some lean years. Their feeder program, EO Coffman has been unbeaten for 3 consecutive seasons. Some really nice talent coming up to a program that is getting better each of the past 2-3 seasons.