Pre season 2A favorites

horse

54 minutes ago, pujo said:

This used to be the greatest thing in the world for kids, now lots of them look at it as a Job. They just don't have to do anything hard anymore, when something hard comes along, they tuck their tails a run. This is not the rough and tumbling world we grew up in. From what I hear, a lot of them don't know if they are girls or boys,lol

You nailed that!

1 hour ago, pujo said:

This used to be the greatest thing in the world for kids, now lots of them look at it as a Job. They just don't have to do anything hard anymore, when something hard comes along, they tuck their tails a run. This is not the rough and tumbling world we grew up in. From what I hear, a lot of them don't know if they are girls or boys,lol

Girls athletes are out working the boys these day.  The twins have lifted weights all summer.  I'm not talking about feminine lifting.  They grunt and strain to get every last rep.  

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Girls athletes are out working the boys these day.  The twins have lifted weights all summer.  I'm not talking about feminine lifting.  They grunt and strain to get every last rep.  

If the Twins were boys,they'd still be working, its all about parents.

13 hours ago, Yeti said:

Hixsons defense is probably on par with what Tyner and Marion will have this year. I'm not selling us short by any means. After playing Loudon I just thought we were progressed futher than what I had initially thought we might be. We are just missing the reps to be able to produce alot of positive plays against a defense of that caliber this early on. One thing that didn't help us was all of the Sweetwater coaching staff showing up to check us out I guess. Few of us talked about it afterwards and we didn't run the same Plays we ran against Loudon anyways.

On par with Tyner and Marion? That’s a stout statement for Hixson. They have been down for a few years. Maybe we wasn’t as bad as first thought. Tomorrow night will be a good test for our touted defense.

13 hours ago, Yeti said:

Hixsons defense is probably on par with what Tyner and Marion will have this year. I'm not selling us short by any means. After playing Loudon I just thought we were progressed futher than what I had initially thought we might be. We are just missing the reps to be able to produce alot of positive plays against a defense of that caliber this early on. One thing that didn't help us was all of the Sweetwater coaching staff showing up to check us out I guess. Few of us talked about it afterwards and we didn't run the same Plays we ran against Loudon anyways.

As for our offense, I look for coach Fitz to have our line improving week to week. Plenty of talent to work with just have to get after it. 

I heard we didn’t look look good at Running back. One of our better guys wasn’t involved for some reason. Could have been sandbagging maybe.  I don’t know. I wasn’t there. 

45 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

On par with Tyner and Marion? That’s a stout statement for Hixson. They have been down for a few years. Maybe we wasn’t as bad as first thought. Tomorrow night will be a good test for our touted defense.

Yeah, It definitely wasn't  what I was used to seeing from Hixson either. It was good for us to see something like that this early though.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, Salem said:

1. Westview -  athletes will match anyone in 2A and their defense will be stout.

2. This season's Memphis All Star team - expect a stacked team to find a way to lose in a close one in the quarterfinals

3. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

4. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

5.  Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

6. Watertown

7. Huntingdon

8. Riverside/ Lewis County winner

9. Trousdale

10. East Robertson

Sleepers:  Top team from Regions 1 and 2, Westmoreland, Forrest, Union City

Word is the Memphis Football All StarTeam will be competing as a 1A team this season, So we need to drop the #2 team above out of the 2A poll and place them in the top 2 of the 1A poll. Now the 1A Western Division looks like the SEC West. 

Isn't TSSAA the greatest!

On 8/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, Salem said:

Word is the Memphis Football All StarTeam will be competing as a 1A team this season, So we need to drop the #2 team above out of the 2A poll and place them in the top 2 of the 1A poll. Now the 1A Western Division looks like the SEC West. 

Isn't TSSAA the greatest!

So basically the 2A rep is coming from our district then?  Tyner, Marion or Meigs repping the east. Safe to say?