Eagleton

40 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched the brand of football that 2A has to offer a few years ago when I had a nephew play for GCA. For the most part most of their loses came from either higher up classes or private schools but they did very well against the run of the mill 2A schools until the second round of the playoff's. I see this Eagleton School doing well in 2A if their getting good players and have a 50 man plus roster with a JV team already and pretty much laying it on other teams. If The Kings Academy which is their only loss to an actual high school team were in 2 A I can tell anyone on here they most likely would be a 6-2 or 7-1 school but their in the private schools playing tougher schools. They only have 24 players so I knew that wasn't a JV team Eagleton was playing but take for fact that score was 36-28 some of you can get the picture of what is coming. Kings Academy beat Meigs County earlier 34-24. They had ran the score on their schedule on Coach T as it were a win but taken off this week because Eagleton isn't officially a high school team yet. This team is also getting kids that normally go on to Alcoa and got some folks over there pretty upset right now. I said that would happen a year ago and it's just as I thought. This Eagleton School was not some accident but planned this way to win at football and other sports as well like Blount County did before they put all those schools together. You don't go building new football fields where one was already there with a track and fake grass with a new stadium and locker rooms while the two schools you have still don't have those amenities unless you had something in mind. 

Its coming.Probably just be 2a for 2 years.

21 minutes ago, pujo said:

Its coming.Probably just be 2a for 2 years.

Hey pujo how you been doing, been a long time. Don't see them letting this school go past that enrollment because it's on a campus there is no place to grow. Even to park to go to the games will be a problem. Surprised they didn't go out to where the elementary school was where there is plenty of room.

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hey pujo how you been doing, been a long time. Don't see them letting this school go past that enrollment because it's on a campus there is no place to grow. Even to park to go to the games will be a problem. Surprised they didn't go out to where the elementary school was where there is plenty of room.

Doing well barney, you would think if they have 420 in 2 classes, that would look like 840 in 4 classes. I'd say you know much more about this than I would.

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Doing well barney, you would think if they have 420 in 2 classes, that would look like 840 in 4 classes. I'd say you know much more about this than I would.

Pujo there may be another one on the south side of the county to take a load off of William Blount in the near future. A lot of people may disagree with me but the city already is at the doorstep of both William Blount and Heritage and I can see those school eventually falling into the cities hands. That would allow the county to go build back community schools like in the past. There isn't a sole in Blount County that will tell you they regret the county put all those schools together back in 77 and 79.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

@BarneySox2007 how did Shad get this job?  I didn't think folks up that way would give him this opportunity especially when it seems there are so many that dislike him or think he's not Blount material .

Shads problem at WB was playing 16 kids the entire ball game in 6A. You can get away with that in 2A.

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Shads problem at WB was playing 16 kids the entire ball game in 6A. You can get away with that in 2A.

Now that Eagleton has opened & will be playing a varsity schedule beginning next year, what schools in the surrounding area do you think will "suffer" the most.

"Suffer" the most meaning which schools in Blount County will feel the affect of this school opening the most in their football rosters?

1. Maryville ?

2. Alcoa ?

3. William Blount?

Even Greenback ? 

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Now that Eagleton has opened & will be playing a varsity schedule beginning next year, what schools in the surrounding area do you think will "suffer" the most.

"Suffer" the most meaning which schools in Blount County will feel the affect of this school opening the most in their football rosters?

1. Maryville ?

2. Alcoa ?

3. William Blount?

Even Greenback ? 

With the kids that do home schooling also go to Samuel Everett which previously sent all it's football players to WB so that is even showing now plus the middle school program at WB is down in player numbers so them for sure. A lot of Rockford kids went on to Alcoa which may take a few good players from them which I have heard and has ruffled a few tail feathers inside the Alcoa power in charge and could get interesting. I would have thought Heritage 2nd but we see a team that has went from a cadaver to a contending football team that is actually fun to watch. Maryville has not been a factor in the Eagleton area in the past thirty plus years. Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's Maryville seemed to always get their best players from Eagleton but Alcoa really stepped in since then with being so close to that area and has done a great job in getting those kids now. Heritage pretty much has had to settle for the crumbs or what ever was left.

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

@BarneySox2007 is the expert in that area.  So he knows more than most what's happening up there.  Thanks Barn. 

The barber is also a wealth of knowledge. Blount County had some great small schools back in the 60's and 70's that won state championships in girls basketball and football in 1975. The people in charge may finally be coming to their senses.

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The barber is also a wealth of knowledge. Blount County had some great small schools back in the 60's and 70's that won state championships in girls basketball and football in 1975. The people in charge may finally be coming to their senses.

Yeah Broadway is an excellent choice.

We played Walland back in the day.

Also seems like there were a couple schools up that way long time back that was exceptionally good at girls basketball.  Maryville Everett?  Another one or 2 maybe.

One played FCHS one year for the girls title with FCHS being the victor.  Maybe 1969 or so?   I have a ton of kinfolk on my mother's side that was born, raised & played ball for Winchester.